Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mountain House!

When I got to the cabin on Saturday afternoon Park was busy playing in the front yard with his new bat and ball that daddy bought him!  He played it all afternoon and evening too :)  Papa, Uncle Scott and his girlfriend, Lauren, had a fun time teaching him to swing!  Mimi kept hidden all weekend reading the Twilight series.... Oooo I've been there!

Park absolutely LOVED being at the "Mountain House" as he called it.  When he was (supposed to be) napping one afternoon, we could hear him  singing in his room, "Hi Mountain House!  I Wuv You Mountain House!"  Crazy kid!

Tongue out... thinking REAL hard!

 Lauren, Park and Uncle Scottie!

 Scott the floating head.... don't ask.  This picture was shortly after I told Scott I thought he was destined to have ALL girls one day... you could say he got a LITTLE upset. :)  I love teasing my little brother!
 Saturday night we enjoyed an AWESOME dinner in downtown Helen at Nacoochee Grill then headed back to the cabin to watch a movie.  Sunday morning, we slept in til 8:00 then got ready to go hike to see Anna Ruby Falls!  Here we all are on the cabin porch before we left.  Park was being a little difficult...
 Park loves his Mimi and Papa!  Mimi took a break from Edward/Bella world for a picture.
 Scott and his sweet girlfriend, Lauren.
 Park was such a mess on our hike to see the waterfalls.  He had this crazy "O" face the entire trip up.  It was a pretty hard hike for a 24 weeks pregnant mommy and a 2 year old boy - but we got through it pretty well!
 This not-so-little snake gave us all a surprise!  Chris had never seen a rattle snake in the wild before so he was in "awe" over it while I got as FAR away as possible as QUICKLY as possible - after taking its picture of course!  I'm glad the flash didn't make it mad!
 We made it!  Chris, Scott, Lauren and Parker at the base of the falls!
 My sweet fam at the falls!  Hiking up a mountain 30 pounds heavier than normal is no easy feat... I think I'll wait to return til I'm back to pre-baby #2 weight!
 Park was EXHAUSTED on the hike back down! Even though Chris was sweating non stop - he loved this moment  :)  Who wouldn't!?
We had such a fun weekend with Chris' brother and parents!  We ended our trip by having an awesome lunch at Giorgio's in downtown Cumming (one of the last 3 contestants of the Bachelorette owns it and it was featured on the show last week so I have naturally been craving it since then!)

Chris and I have the cabin reserved for one more weekend in August for our "baby moon" and Mimi and Papa are coming up to our house to watch Park for the weekend.... can't wait!  :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Aw I remember that cabin! I'm glad y'all are getting in a little babymoon before Baby #2 :)

Whitney said...

Babymoon, what's that? Oh wait, that's the thing my husband doesn't believe in - right along with not believing in push presents. Guess I'll go on a vacation and buy myself something really nice after G is born...