Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mommy!

My actual 28th birthday ended up being a little bit of a whirlwind... My Poppy fell and broke his hip, my Nano was in the process of being moved to a hospital and when I got home from work, I found a lethargic little boy laying on my couch.  Yeah, Parker came home with a 104 degree fever from camp that day!  Chris and I scratched all plans of going out to "celebrate" in light of everything else going on. We ordered pizza and loved on our sweet little boy at home - would you believe this sweet little man actually had a 104 fever in this picture below?  
 
Chris was a wonderful husband and surprised me with a birthday cake (after I pretty much warned him that if I didn't have one I would be devastated...).  He apparently couldn't remember my birthday a few years ago when he didn't get me a cake so we ended up driving around our town looking for a Dairy Queen that sold ice cream cakes until about 9:00.  His memory stinks.  Anyway - no worries because we "remembered" to get the cake and we had a low key evening at home!  Jon and Robin came over and we watched the Bachelorette and ended the night by being in bed by 10:30 just to wake up every hour to go check on Parker's fever. 
The next day - fever still super high - although he was acting pretty much normal.  I began wondering if this little man had figured out how to fake a fever!

He charmed me to pieces while at home with him.  He went outside and picked a flower and gave it to me... when I asked him what it was for he said it was for his "Petty Momeeeee".  I love having a little boy!  :)
We went to the doctor on Tuesday - nothing wrong - just a bad virus that we had to let "run its course".  So annoying.  So the rest of the week consisted of his fever NOT going away and him acting more and more sick.  By Thursday, he was acting VERY sick and NOT eating anything.  So - back to the doctor we go!  Still nothing - and the doctor said if he wasn't better by the next day, to bring him BACK in for blood work.  But she felt pretty confident that it would be gone by Friday.  I was SURE she was wrong.  Thursday consisted of a pathetic little boy lying on the floor.  Thank the good Lord for Sesame Street - I was actually able to get a lot of work done on Thursday from home!
 So - Friday rolls around and he's all better!  Thank goodness!  We did not cancel our weekend plans of a birthday dinner Friday night with lots of family in town, Whit's baby shower on Saturday and a fun Saturday and Sunday weekend in Helen with Chris' parents and brother.  More on all that later!  :)  My birthday week ended MUCH better than it began!  :)

No comments: