Thursday, July 28, 2011

24.5 week update!


If you're reading this Thursday morning, say a quick pray that I'm passing my glucose test!  Eek!

Other updates:
  • 30 pounds gained.... ugh!  WAY over the weight chart line people.  I'm guessing it's 8 pounds in each milk-maker... 5 pounds in the BOO-ty... 2 pounds on each hip... 4 pounds of fluid... and 1 pound of baby!
  • I took about 10 days off from working out due to Park's sickness last week and 2 weekends in a row of being out of town.  I jumped back in with full force on Monday and every day this week!  It is SO not easy working out - I can REALLY feel the extra weight lately.  But I've made it this far - surely I can make it another 3 months, right?
  • Heart burn has been HORRIBLE - really started flaring up the past two weeks.  I have it constantly.
  • I am craving Coke like a mad woman - but unfortunately it makes the above bullet point even worse so I'm refraining.  Although I do take full charge of Chris' Coke if he orders it while we are eating out - which is hardly ever!
  • Still don't know the sex!  So funny because I was skeptical that I would start to cave around this time... the time that I need to be working on the new nursery, planning for clothes, etc.  But - I honestly am not.  I get asked this a lot, "Don't you want to bond with the baby?  Don't you think knowing the sex will help?"  Well - yeah - I do think it would.  But I am too busy bonding with my precious 2-year-old right now to even think about it all that much.  Park is seriously the MOST fun right now - we are having a blast with him and I don't want to take anything away from that.  I'll bond with baby #2 when it comes out... for now... all eyes are on Parker in our house!  :)
  • I think I'm really going to miss being pregnant... I am really enjoying this pregnancy.  Even though I complain about the weight gain - blah blah blah - it's really not that bad.  Besides the weight gain, everything else is great.  I LOVE feeling it move in my belly (it moves WAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE than Parker ever did) and I love that I have this little miracle in my belly that no one else can experience except me!  
  • No idea on names yet... and I don't think we're going to decide until it's born... sorry - I know that's annoying!  :)  Our goal is to have "some" favorites in our mind - and to spend the first day or so deciding on a final name.  I am totally in love with Parker's name - and I just want to get the same feeling when I hear the new baby's name.  But I just can't get there not knowing the sex.  But - even our favorites we're keeping to ourselves.  :)  Sorry - no name poll like I had with Parker!
  • Park is still SURE it's a "Baby Brudder"... we'll see if his senses are correct... in November!
  • That's it!  XO - Hillary

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad we waited to decide on our name too. Just make sure you don't tell anyone what you are leaning towards the first day at the hospital or mom will call everyone and tell the name and trust me you will probably change your mind the next day! :)