Monday, March 4, 2013

CASA 5K Run

I ran in a 5K race with some of my best friends in February!  It was supposed to be on a cold and rainy Saturday morning but THANKFULLY the course was flooded so they moved it back one day to a warm and beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon!  It's called the CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) Superhero run and they had superheros dressed up the entire afternoon!  I actually beat The Hulk in my run!  I felt pretty good passing him on the course!  Anyway - here we all are before the fun!  Kristin LOVES dressing up so she was the only "super hero-looking one" with her mask and I brought her a Superman cape that I've had since I was like 2 years old!
She was a sport...
..with some biceps!!!
I was the first to finish the run out of my group of friends so I waited and took pictures of everyone as they crossed the finish line!  Nikki is Ang's best friend from Valdosta and she came in right after me...
Christ and Kim right after them...
Then Ang...
I missed Kristin's picture but Tyler was right behind her pushing Tanner!

I was thrilled to find that our bottles of water were donated from O'Charleys after the race.  My cousin moved down here last year from Chicago to be an area manager for O'Charleys so I took a pic of my bottle and sent it to him and thanked him for the donation! 
The race went pretty well... I haven't been training for it but I have been working out like crazy since the beginning of the year.  About 30 seconds into the race, I got a cramp in my side (ugh!) but I  kept on going and just held it most of the time I ran.  I pumped my music as loud as it would go and jammed through the entire 3+ mile course.  My goal was to run it in less than 30 minutes but I finished in 33 minutes.  Not too bad... I finished 11th in my age group for females and like 165th out of more than 500 for the entire race!  I felt great after the race and went home full of energy.  I absolutely LOVE it when I take the time to keep my body healthy.  My energy levels are almost always up, I'm happier, a better wife and mommy, and can actually keep up with my crazy kids all day long!  Here's to being healthy!

No comments: