Friday, March 1, 2013

Getting ready for our GIRLS TRIP!

So as we were group texting like crazy with all my closest friends about our Nashville trip (WHICH IS WHERE I AM AT THIS VERY MOMENT THAT THIS POST IS POSTING! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!) Kristin informed us all that she would be wearing a fun "clubbing" dress and she expected us all to follow suit!  Uhhhhh what?!  Huh?!  A going out dress?  Yikes!  I immediately went online to Kohls and found this hot item online!  I obviously thought this dress was hideous (THINK plastic material) and totally jokingly sent this picture to my friends saying I would buy this one to wear!  Sweet Amy was like, "Yeah - super cute - but we can find something better for going out."  She lost major points for that one... tell it like it is people!  Everyone knows I have no problem doing that! 
I did find this dress and FELL IN LOVE with it - but it was an online-only order so I couldn't get it in time for this weekend's trip!  Ugh!  I texted Amy that I was going to try to run to the store after dinner to see if I could find something.  Well lo and behold... a few hours later and Amy and I were BOTH on our way to THE MALL (of all places) to find a dress!  I cannot even remember the last time I went to a mall to go shopping for myself!  It's definitley been years... definitley before we had Parker.  Yikes! 
We closed the place down - they were literally turning off the lights while we were at the register and the security guy had to open up the cage doors to let us out! Amy's car was the ONLY car in the parking lot and we were totally spooked so we SPRINTED with our shopping bags to the car praying that our PINK Fitness Style Teachings would keep us alive if someone tried to kill us!

I did make some good deals!  I found these two cute dresses AND a fabulous pair of cowgirl boots!  Yes - it's supposed to be freezing in Nashville this weekend and I will definitley be cold... but the stores had nothing but spring style dresses - eek!  Oh well - we will hopefully be warm in the clubs/restaurants we hit up while we are pretending to be 20-something girls who do this stuff all the time!

All this talk about fashion and my trip to the mall made me want to "up" my game a bit and start to try to look a little bit fashionable at least a few days a week.  I usually throw on yoga pants and a tee shirt each morning with intentions of working out - which usually doesn't happen til the afternoon - then I just keep those clothes on and don't shower til right before bed so I end up looking pretty frumpy all day long most days.  On Wednesday, I had to run into work for a quick meeting so I figured this would be a great day to try and start my new adventure in attempting to look normal.   I pulled out my VERY SMALL pre-pregnancy jeans and was shocked when they actually fit (with a little bit of muffin top but we will focus on the positive)!  HOORAY!  They are not skinny jeans but they are not boot flare fit either so I got out my riding boots I got for Christmas and tugged them over my jeans... I took this picture and quickly sent it out to all my best friends to see if this was an "approved and fashionable outfit".  I got the OK and wore the entire outfit the rest of the day and felt great in it!  Amazing how actually putting on make up, brushing my (too long!) hair and looking nice in my clothes can change my entire mood for the day.  I guess I'll have to start doing this more often!  It probably didn't hurt that I was wearing THE JEANS I've been trying to get into for months and haven't worn in like 2 years!  I may or may not have done a happy dance in my bathroom!  HA!  Caroline looked at me like I was nuts!

No comments: