Saturday, March 2, 2013

Date nights, Circus day, C-Line's 15 month check up

Chris and I had a really last minute Valentine's Dinner planned the weekend before Valentine's.  After a church meeting that Sunday night, we dropped the kiddos off at my sisters and ran out for a dinner at a steakhouse in Cumming called The Ridge... Chris wanted to surprise me but I literally started the night off to a bad start when I said, "You're taking me here?!  I have coupons to this place at home!  Ugh!"  Not to mention it was POURING rain outside, we were both tired from a crazy weekend (same weekend as Pajama party at church) and since we had come straight from a meeting at church, we really didn't get all dressed up and excited like we normally do.  But - we went, had a nice dinner, but mostly listened to this business couple sitting next to us about some bank transactions they were dealing with.  SO - to say the least - we didn't have that great of an experience!  That being said - fast forward another week or so to a random Thursday night - our gift cards came in the mail that I had ordered a few months ago to a new Japanese Steakhouse in Alpharetta... when Chris got home from work, I showed them to him and he said, "You wanna go?!"  Ummmmm... YES PLEASE!  I texted Robin and Jon to see if they could babysit (THEY COULD!) so I raced upstairs to shower and get pretty for my man and we went out on a total last minute date!  We LOVED IT!  We had a great dinner, great chef, great sushi and an awesome conversation and dinner.  Definitely overshadowed our so-so Vday date a few weeks before!

We started with sushi... yum!
My hottie husband!


Amy has been watching my kids a ton lately and this was taken one day while Caroline and Dylan were playing at her house one morning.  They are both work-a-holics apparently!
We may have a cheater on our hands!

Parker had CIRCUS DAY at school near the end of February.  He was originally supposed to dress up like a clown but when his teacher saw my panicked face 2 days before I realized we were supposed to have a costume, she said he could dress up like ANYTHING at the circus!  One message out to the neighborhood moms and a few minutes later I had a perfect lion costume for him to wear!  He loved it and begged to wear it for Halloween this year!
Lion suited  him perfectly because the previous day he was at school, the teacher had a "flaming ring of fire" at the doorway for all the kids to jump through.  Parker thought that was the coolest thing ever and talked about it the WHOLE WAY HOME!  Before this pic was taken, I asked him to give me his best roar!  That day at school, they ate cotton candy (he says condom candy...), popcorn, animal crackers, and they had all sorts of activities planned throughout the day.  They got to jump through the ring of fire again, walk on the tight rope and all sorts of other circus things! 
This is random, but my little picky picky eater has developed a taste for salad!  He LOVES salad!  It may have something to do with this hydroponic lettuce I buy now from an organic farm a few miles away from my house, but I am thrilled with this new love of his!
This pic was taken the day of Caroline's doctor appointment... where she was referred to as a BLONDE by one of the nurses!  I was like, "What?  I have a blonde kid?!"  After looking at this picture... in some lighting... she is a definite blonde!  I can't wait to see what it looks like this summer!
Waiting... waiting... waiting at the doctor's office for her 15 month check up!
She was getting a little ancy... we picked a very busy day to go to the doctor's office!  We normally had zero wait time so this was a change...
I knew that this girl had been packing on the pounds but I wasn't 100% sure what her weight would be... I was guessing between 10 and 20% and she was a little over 21 pounds and in the 17%!  So - that is from a little more than 6 months ago when she was in the 2%... to the 17%!  I call that a girl who knows what she wants... and she wants food!  She was so funny when we set her on the scale... she had to reach over and double check what it said!
One new obsession Chris and I have is with smoothies!  We love this vanilla whey protein that Chris bought at Costco... we add a little water and ice and as many strawberries, blueberries and bananas we can and a few presses of the magic bullet and we have an awesome meal!  The kids love smoothies too - we don't put the protein powder in theirs obviously - but they love them with just fruit and water and ice! 
Caroline has come to know the sound of the magic bullet and whenever she hears me making a shake, she comes running into the kitchen full blast to see if it's for her!

No comments: