Wednesday, January 21, 2009

95 days! What!?!?!?!?!?!

My baby counter just reminded me today that I only have 95 - NINE-FIVE - days until little Parker joins our family! Holy crap people! (Just a disclaimer -I HATE this expression but they were the FIRST words out of my mouth this morning when I saw the counter!)
I found this random cartoon today and thought it was hilarious! So something I would probably say! ;) Just kidding... or am I?

So - besides feeling TOTALLY overwhelmed with the solid fact that I will have a BABY in less than 100 days - I am feeling pretty well. Parker's big, fat foot has taken a rest out of my rib cage for a few days which has given me some much needed relief in my right side. Parker is now about 14 inches long - OR LONGER if he takes after his daddy! - and he weighs nearly 2 pounds - OR MORE if he takes after my baby weight! YIKES!
Falling asleep hasn't been easy lately due to the fact that as soon as I lay down at night, Parker likes to go CRAZY! Last night, I had been in bed for a few hours before Chris came to bed and I guess hearing his daddy's voice got him ALL excited! I put Chris' hand on my belly and it was SO funny how much he was moving! Chris was freaking out! SO - a few minutes later after he didn't stop, we turned on the light to see if we could actually see him move for the first time and boy did we ever! The only thing is that every time we would see him move, I would start laughing SO HARD and couldn't stop and it would take me another 2-3 minutes to be still enough to where we could see him move again. It is SO strange to see your belly move around without you making it.

So - my baby updater thing says that the baby's ears nerves are all pretty much formed and that he can very easily hear me and Chris throughout the day. The article encouraged us to talk to him - which is kind of weird. Chris talked to him last night about what he learned in class - it was about wood and concrete and something... Park wasn't too interested. I found this cartoon today and thought it was totally funny :) I can TOTALLY see Chris doing this after Parker is here!


Anyway - after we all settled down and Parker went back to sleep - we all had a very nice and peaceful night - which I am VERY much taking advantage of now because I know I only have APPROXIMATELY 94 MORE nights of that!

No comments: