I get a long stare and a smile and a "Of course I do, honey." And then he returns to playing Tiger Woods Golf....
Ugh - Men.
I can't believe how outrageously outnumbered I am going to be pretty soon. Part of me feels like I will always be a little bit left out because you have to admit - guys and girls are just DIFFERENT. Even our boy DOGS are different than those GIRL dogs I know... they're just.... BOYS!!
Anyway - after reading last night's baby update - it just really hit me in a different way. Some people say I will have these little "Ah ha" moments all throughout my pregnancy but something was different about last night's moment. I have a precious person inside of me who has completely different fingerprints on his tiny little hands that are in no way similar to any one else's fingerprints. He has a bone structure, hair, a face, a body that is completely unique to everyone else's in this world. And the man that I love more than anything else and I made him... I just don't get how ANYONE cannot believe in God after witnessing something like this. Only something so perfect and wonderful can come from the One who created us. Absolutely amazing.
I haven't ever really posted the photos of what I get in my email every week - just cause it can be a little graphic... but I just have to today. THIS is what is inside my tummy!!!

Here is what my update email told us last night:
"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."
Until next time - Happy Tickling :)

1 comment:
I agree with everything you wrote here!
It is ammmmazing. Of course I am feeling like CRAP right now so it is kinda hard to enjoy. Where you sick at all in the begninging?
Post a Comment