Harlee left yesterday and I am SOOOOO thrilled with everything. The lady who is taking her - her daughter and her husband came by to get Harlee since they were in the Atlanta area already. Harlee LOVED them. LOOOOOOVED them. We all hung out in the back yard for about half and hour and we all played with Harlee. When they later put her in their car, Har just jumped right on it and made herself at home :) They had her a little water bowl in the back seat, they had bought her a little stuffed animal (that I'm sure is destroyed by now) AND a chew bone for her! Har was in doggie heaven!
I had always envisioned that Harlee Jane would be sticking her head out the window and reaching for me with her sweet little paws but she was SO happy with her new little play area she was way too excited to be sad! She gave me a sweet kiss all across my face and to Chris then we shut the door and she was off! I think I had 2 tears when I came inside - but I am SOOO happy now. Seriously - I wasn't sure if this was possible - but she is going to have a better life than she had with us! She will be VERY spoiled - just like she deserves. Fourth home is the charm, right?
And I had no idea until after she left how EASY life is with TWO DOGS. Jack and Buddie are so small and easy - I just never realized CRAZY our life was with three! At dinner that night, Chris said that he would probably consider fostering another dog if the chance ever presented itself to us. I am not so sure about all that... but we will see :) We need to get through MOVING and having a new PERSON move into our lives before we go down that road again.
But I feel GREAT about what Chris and I were able to do for sweet Harlee Jane. She was SUCH a blessing to us and I am so glad she was in our life for the amount of time she was.
I just called the new owners - I couldn't wait any longer! - and they said Har has been GREAT. She is getting along - so far - with the her kitty cat sister and there is a little dog next door that came through the fence and played with her for hours! They said Harlee seems a little confused and keeps looking at the lady's daughter and her husband like they may be her new parents. I think they leave tomorrow so after that - things will start to get to normal for Harlee Jane and her new life style. I'm so happy for her and I feel so blessed that God gave me the time He did with Harlee and that He provided this new wonderful home for her!
I had always envisioned that Harlee Jane would be sticking her head out the window and reaching for me with her sweet little paws but she was SO happy with her new little play area she was way too excited to be sad! She gave me a sweet kiss all across my face and to Chris then we shut the door and she was off! I think I had 2 tears when I came inside - but I am SOOO happy now. Seriously - I wasn't sure if this was possible - but she is going to have a better life than she had with us! She will be VERY spoiled - just like she deserves. Fourth home is the charm, right?
And I had no idea until after she left how EASY life is with TWO DOGS. Jack and Buddie are so small and easy - I just never realized CRAZY our life was with three! At dinner that night, Chris said that he would probably consider fostering another dog if the chance ever presented itself to us. I am not so sure about all that... but we will see :) We need to get through MOVING and having a new PERSON move into our lives before we go down that road again.
But I feel GREAT about what Chris and I were able to do for sweet Harlee Jane. She was SUCH a blessing to us and I am so glad she was in our life for the amount of time she was.
I just called the new owners - I couldn't wait any longer! - and they said Har has been GREAT. She is getting along - so far - with the her kitty cat sister and there is a little dog next door that came through the fence and played with her for hours! They said Harlee seems a little confused and keeps looking at the lady's daughter and her husband like they may be her new parents. I think they leave tomorrow so after that - things will start to get to normal for Harlee Jane and her new life style. I'm so happy for her and I feel so blessed that God gave me the time He did with Harlee and that He provided this new wonderful home for her!


1 comment:
I'm so happy for your situation Hillary, I'll send you the pics I have of Miss Harlee Jane soon.
xo
Diane
Post a Comment