The weekend before Thanksgiving, we started a new family tradition of going to Stone Mountain Christmas with Parker! My sweet friends from church, The Marchmans, have been going the past several years, and when I read her blog post about going last year - I emailed her and said we DEFINITEY had to go with them next year! So - when Christmas season in "Krisin Marchman" world came around in early October - I got an email asking if I still wanted to go! DUH! Of course I did! So, we bought a Family Four Pack of tickets and had an awesome day and evening full of Christmas magic - and free hot chocolate all day too! In 78 degree weather! Yum!
The view of downtown Atlanta from the top of the mountain. It really wasn't all THAT foggy - but my camera was zoomed ALL the way in for this pictures - so it looks foggier than it really was.
Chris and Parker exploring at the top of the mountain.
Precious boy.
Family Photo!
Parker LOVED sitting with the Snow Angel!
Our family in front of the mountain. The red thing you see behind us is the construction area for SNOW Mountain coming next weekend! They have been making snow since early October for this event! I think Pman is a little too young - but next year I think Snow Mountain will be a new family tradition that we'll add to our list!
The snow!
Kisses under the misletoe!
The parade! This is kind of where it (meaning "the magic") started. One of those "Proud Mommy Moments" where you are blessed enough to witness your child experiencing something for the first time - which I really don't get to do much of since I'm a working mommy. We haven't really been talking about Santa at all - I mean - he can't even say a sentence yet - but somehow - when Santa came out on the float for the parade - Parker was in complete awe. His eyes COMPLETELY lit up with excitement. Something about the magic of Christmas is VERY exciting and I can't WAIT til we get to experience Christmas morning with him in a few weeks!
Cheesin' it up for the camera!
The awesome lights of the "village".
Love Him.
We took the train ride to the other side of the mountain where we saw a short skit that explained the TRUE meaning of Christmas. This is something even more joyful to experience with Parker. I love talking to Park about how God sent his son, Jesus, on Christmas morning. Telling the story to him, over and over again, every day is awesome. I love being able to witness to my child - and I can't wait to really see things start to "click" with him as he starts to understand it more. Anyway - this is Park on the train ride.
Kristin and Tyler. They are just one of the 6 AWESOME couples in our L_G that we love love. Kristin and I share a pretty fond love for the Christmas season - however - I think she may love it a little more than I do - which I didn't know was possible until I met her! :)
KRISTIN LOVES CHRISTMAS!
freak
The beautiful Christmas tree.
Parker was tired of riding in the stroller - so he pushed it around for awhile.
Then he got tired so he got back in :) Check out that molar in the back left of his mouth. Ouchie!
THE SNOW ANGEL! She made it snow for us - it was so fun!
Parker and I catching the snow.
Snow and fireworks - such a fun night!
On the way out of the park, Parker was OUT!
THANKS FOR AN AWESOME NIGHT MARCHMANS!

1 comment:
YAY! So fun! I totally look like a freak in that picture haha.
Post a Comment