After Breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning, Chris and I left Parker with Jon and Robin and headed downtown for a date weekend! I bought a Groupon earlier this year for a one-night stay at the Hyatt and a $25 gift card to a nearby restaurant. Well - we decided to use our weekend in December so we could enjoy a relaxing weekend in our busiest month of the year! We got downtown around 4 so we could get ready at the hotel then walk across the street to Ruth's Chris Steak House - YUM!
After dinner, we weren't really sure what we wanted to do, but we finally decided to go to Lenox Squre for some shopping! We didn't want to drive the 1 mile distance to the mall because it would have cost an arm arm and a leg to get our car out from the deck. And we didn't really want to walk because it was FREEZING. So - we decided to ask the hotel if their shuttle could take us. Well - we got a little bit of a turned-up-nose look when we asked for a shuttle. They corrected us and said that their "Courtesy Driver Service" is that way. So - we walked "that way" and asked for a drive. A few minutes later, up pulls our own personal little driver! He dropped us off at the mall and gave us his card before we left and said to give hi ma call when we were ready to leave! How awesome!
Our mall date really ended up being a Hillary Shopping Trip - but Chris was a great sport! We went into Gap where I got the cutest winter hat ever! (Seen below in pictures). Then I got some new PJs for me! THEN I got my favorite candle in the whole world from Anthropologie. It's SO yummy!
Sadly - I don't have ANY pictures to document all that! So I'll go down to Sunday!
We slept in until 10:00 AM - the latest this lady has slept in about 2 years! AWESOME! Then we rushed to get ready, go across the street to Ruth's Chris to print our tickets for our next adventure (because the hotel was going to charge me $15!!! - no way!) then we rushed to find breakfast somewhere - then RUSHED to Atlantic Station by 1 pm - just to turn in our tickets and find out that our tour didn't start until 2!!!! They actually let us go with the 1:00 group though - thank goodness. "What tour?", you ask? Well - we went to Dialogue in the Dark! It was SPECTACULAR! For an entire hour, we actually walked through an ENTIRELY DARK venue with our eyes wide open but not able to see a THING! We went through a park, a grocery store, a boat ride, and we even went to a "restaurant" and bought a Coke and drank it at a table - in complete darkness! It was AMAZING. I love my eyes and am SO thankful for all 5 of my senses that God blessed me with. You don't realize how much you depend on your sight until you actually try to live the life of a blind person. AMAZING.
Sadly - I don't have any pictures from Dialogue either - obviously.
Right before our tour began, it started SNOWING outside! I rushed outside to take a quick picture of Atlantic Station in the snow! So fun!
Chris and I in front of the huge tree at Atl Station!
BRRRRRRRRRRRR we were so cold!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the hat! I meant to tell you that Monday, so cute!
Post a Comment