We woke up Sunday morning to yummy homemade pancakes made by yours truly, sent offAshley and crew, then got ready for church! We went to Creekside United Methodist church because that is where Kayley goes to preschool and she was singing in church that morning! My parents went, too, then we all headed to Carrabbas for some yummy lunch! That afternoon, we played with ALL of Park's new toys! Play-doh for nearly an hour... then art stuff for the next hour... then games for the next hour... I was exhausted!
After dinner, we met up with Aunt Whitney, Uncle Doug and their kids for ice cream at Dairy Queen!
Park and KK at DQ (6 months apart in age)
The babies at DQ (3 months apart in age)
Garrett does NOT like ice cream! But he liked Park's cone the he didn't want.
Caroline thought G-man was NUTS for not liking ice cream! This girl eats EVERYTHING!
Our family picture on Park's birthday and our 6 year anniversary!
After DQ, Chris had to run to his office to finish our taxes and Park and Caroline and I headed to Target to return one of the repeat gifts he got (ONLY ONE!) We went to the Lego aisle and I gave him two options of different Lego Duplo sets he could get. He sat in the buggy for about 15 minutes and debated which one to get. I mean... it was a TOUGH decision. He finally decided so we headed to the container section to get some more containers to store his new toys in! Well, while we were there, he started saying he wanted to go back and get the other Duplo set. SO.... we headed back. It's his birthday for crying out loud. While we were there, he still couldn't decide so when daddy called, I thought surely daddy would help him make this decision. He didn't help. We hung up with daddy and I had to make a decision for Parker. Which he did NOT like. I got him his Lego set and headed to the register. This child KICKED AND SCREAMED the entire way to the register, at the register, on the way to the car, in the car and on the way to pick daddy back up at his office.
Does this look like the face of a happy birthday boy? To say he was exhausted is an understatement!
He ended up peeing on himself on the way to pick up daddy because he was so upset he couldn't hold it in. We got home, showered him and then got in bed with him. He was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open. Chris and I both laid with him til he calmed down. Keep in mind he had been hysterical the entire way home, the entire time through his bath, getting dressed, and into bed. After he calmed down, we were able to have a few minutes of sweet time before bed. When it came time for prayers, he started praying normally, then he started crying hysterically... not in a fit like before... but legitimately crying tears while he prayed. He was saying, "Dear God, please forgive me for having such a bad attitude tonight. I love you so much. And I really want you to come live in my heart. I really, really want you to come live with me in my heart. Please come live with me in my hearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!" This obviously made me cry, too and also so happy to have such a sweet boy. As upset as I was with him the entire time he threw his fit... I had to look at my life and realize that this little boy is no different than me. I am not perfect, never will be, but I can learn from his sweet prayer. Remembering to ask for our Savior's forgiveness every time I mess up is something I think I likely forget to do. I love learning lessons from my kids... they are life lessons I don't forget. Ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment