Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week following Easter.... a real doozy

To say that I was going OUT OF MY MIND by Monday afternoon, would be an understatement.  You can ask some of my friends who witnessed a few group texts messages where I may have lost it.  I was going on day 4 of throw up/diahhrea from my little princess... not so fun.  So when this little nugget was finally throw up/diahhrea free for 24 hours, we were ready to get OUT of our house!  So OUT we went!

She still wasn't up for smiling at he camera, but she was wearing one of cousin KK's outfits so we had to get a picture!
Our first stop... COSTCO!  I got lunch for me and the kids and spent a total of $3.00.  Yes - this is true.  Two hot dogs, 2 large drinks - $3. 
After Costco... Wal Mart! To find some pirate bandanas for Parker's party.  I also found this cute little $4 hat which has come in QUITE handy to cover up my roots that so desperately need to be covered... appointment is next Tuesday... no worries.  Retail therapy is no joke... I immediately felt better after spending some money on myself! 
We also bought a $25 DVD player at Wal Mart which now is in its new home in the play room!  I only let Park watch a couple movies a week, but when he does, I just about can't stand hearing them while trying to work or clean house.  I pretty much know the words to every single movie he has and after he plays movies in our family room, I have the music/words/etc stuck in my head for days!  $25 later, I am a much happier mommy on movie days!  AND an old TV that was just sitting in our guest room is now put to use!
We also bought this cute shirt for C-Line at Wal-Mart... Park is dressing up as Jake the pirate for his party the next Saturday and Caroline is dressing up as Izzy.  I found a few costumes online, but nothing less than $20.  Well, this shirt was about $3.00 and I got a box of pink dye for about $1.50... voila!  Pink Izzy shirt for Caroline!
(By the way, this pot is ruined now... awesome.  Good thing I hardly ever used it!)

After our dyeing fun... we got out more dye to dye Easter eggs! 


Mine turned out tie dye!  It was my favorite.

Took these few snapshots when putting Park to bed that night.  Our "in between awake and asleep" time is my favorite time.  Chris and I sometimes do together... and sometimes we take turns if the other is in the middle of something... but Chris happened to be out of town a few days that week so I spent a little extra time talking to him.  He asks the most awesome questions about God, Heaven, death, and any other topic you can think of at night.  It's hard to think it... but this kid is a pretty deep thinker!
And maybe a little silly...

I went into Caroline's room after putting Parker to bed and found this....

The next day I had to go to work but work days are always brighter when my sweet sitter sends me pictures of my cuties!

My day only got better when I got home to find my sweeties excited to see me and with some fun new art Ms. Deven had helped them make.  I even got Caroline's first finger paint art!  I love it.  

That night started off great... until about 3:00 AM Friday morning when Parker woke me up saying "my froat hurts".... this is ALWAYS a for sure sign that he is going to throw up.  I jumped up (not sure how soon it would be til he threw up!) and made him sit at the potty while I went to get him a bowl to put in bed with him.  Last time he threw up, he made it all into the bowl EVERY time.  Pretty impressive actually.  So I put him back into bed with his bowl and I went back to my bed but turned the monitor on his room and on the highest volume so I could hear whatever was to come.  A little bit later, I heard it the same time that Chris did and we both sort of looked at each other and I said, "Um.... your turn?!" and he said.... "Um.. OK".  Chris actually got the same tummy bug a few days before while he was traveling... and I had still been spared so I was a little bit hesitant to go immerse myself in Parker's puke!  I did NOT go in there, but Chris said that he threw up... A TON... and absolutely ZERO of it made it into the bowl!  Chris spent the next 45 minutes to an hour cleaning up Parker's room and cleaning off Parker while Parker absolutely JUMPED off the walls and RAN into my room and back into his room and zoomed through the hallways pretending to be a space ship.  Chris finished it all around 5:45 that morning and we attempted to put Parker back to bed even though he was hyper... actually hyper doesn't even begin to describe him!  He was CRAZY.  I told him he wasn't allowed to leave his room until the first number on the clock was "8".  I went back into his room around 8 and found THIS.  I was happy to not see any more throw up and when he woke up a bit later, I was thrilled to see he was happy and normal and his normal HUNGRY self. 
That morning was even more exciting when Caroline THREW her head down on the kitchen table and in the process tore her frenulum... (little piece of skin that holds top lip to gums) and also busted her lip.  There was a TON of blood... everywhere.  It was a fun morning.  For sure.  Not.

After we got cleaned up, she sported a fat lip around the rest of the day!
Thank goodness for her thumb!  It stayed in her mouth all day.  Still no smiles from her the rest of the day though.  Tough week for these kids!

The next day, the swelling in her lip was down quite a bit and she was back to her happy smiley self! 
Park was, too!
It was an doozy of a week though... I am so thankful for my family and friends who continually checked up on us and prayed for us the entire week!  It was a little lonely since (understandably) no one wanted to hang out with us!  Park had a birthday party to go to on Saturday afternoon and I triple checked with the doctor... as long as he was symptom free for 24 hours he was good to go... THANK GOODNESS!  I was so ready to talk to other adults in person!  Marti, Parker's friend from church, was turning 4 and had party at Glazed and Fired... a pottery place near our house! 
 Park could have picked between a monkey, a pig, a duck or a cupcake to paint... he chose the dumb cupcake!  I tried and tried to get him to do the cute monkey... he wouldn't have it.  So... cupcake it was!
 Alex is Park's little friend from Awana and Sunday School... they are super cute.
 Here are all the kids from Park's Sunday School and Awana class from church who were at the party!  Peyton, Parker, Marti, Alex and Hudson! 
 Here were all the kiddos at the party!  Gotta love those awkward smiles!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

I may or may not have almost passed out when I saw you feeding C-line a nasty Costco hotdog! :) Love you ;)

The Markham Family said...

Of course Park chose the cupcake! It is His gf's fave and she has that same exact cupcake painted from there! :) Love I tell ya. It's love.