My busiest week EVER just happned to begin IMMEDIATELY after the busiest weekend ever! On Monday, I had to go down to the trade show downtown so sweet Amy watched the kids for me! I watched Dylan that morning while she worked, we got the kids from school then she had mine in the afternoon! Don't know what I'd do without my sweet Amy and our constant kid swapping! Amy kept them that entire day and evening so that Chris and I could have
a date night downtown after I was done working at the trade show. I have a picture of us at that date night, but I won't be posting it because it's at a horrible angle and I look horrible! Ha! Back to Dylan and Caroline - he has always treated Caroline like his future wife... this time was no exception!
I ended up not working out with my group at church the next day so that I could just get things done around the house so I offered to watch Amy's kids again so that she could get some stuff done! Caroline got all decked out in her pretty dress for her boyfriend!
We passed some time by going out for a walk! Park drove Sisi in his truck and I pushed the babies. Park's truck ended up dying when we were like 4 blocks from home... but thankfully it was mostly downhill and he just cruised the rest of the way. I had to push the truck a little ways with the stroller... that was fun!
We made lunch fun!!
That afternoon, I had to go drop the kids of, yet again, so that I could go get my hair done! Parker and Caroline were supposed to go to Amy's again, but I got Kristin to cover for Amy so she could have a break for crying out loud! Ha! (Yes - I continually realize I am seriously blessed with all these amazing friends!) Park had fun playing with Tanner and C-line, then the babies went down for naps and Parker apparently had fun being the most hyper kid in the world and nearly destroying Kristin's house! I bet K can't wait to have her own rambunctious preschooler!!
Remember Tanner "hugging" Caroline the other day and it looking like he was kissing her feet? Well now he's worshiping the car she drives, too!
On the way home (which is only 5 minutes) Parker was passed out! I think Kristin wore him out!
And I was thrilled to have nearly 5 inches off of my hair! I'm a little curious if it was really 5 inches because my hair is still pretty long! But I was so happy! It had been about 4 months since my last hair cut and color and it was very much due! And yes - another selfie of me... I've learned that for the most part... I wouldn't be in many blog posts if I didn't take selfies every once in awhile! Good grief! In exception of this past weekend for Park's birthday - I'm never in pictures any more!
Later that day we had Chris' softball game! We haven't been able to make it to any yet because of illness, weather, timing, so we finally made it to one! After his game, we got to play in the park for a bit. This girl LOVES swings!
By Wednesday, my kids were already exhausted... I went to wake up sleeping beauty around 9 am to get Parker to school and she was still passed out.
Wednesday was just as busy with Chris' company's dedication ceremony. Each year, his company has this ceremony where they invite area pastors to come and pray for the company, the employees, and to publicly dedicate the business and what they do to the Lord. Todd Nichols, our worship leader from Mountain Lake, our old church, led worship then we had a time of scripture then laying of hands on the employees for prayer. I love this ceremony every year and am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing company. Yeah, yeah... it's not the company I work for... but I very much feel a part of this company. I join them once every few weeks for their company lunches they have every day, am invited to social events throughout the year (wine tastings, cabin getaways, company trips to the mountains) and I very much feel like I am a part of the CBI family - as much as Chris does. OK - maybe not as much as Chris! But much more than most wives do of their husband's companies!
Yeah - that was only Wednesday afternoon! Ms. Julie was home with the kids and after I got home, I left her with kids for a bit longer and ran to run a few more errands (oil change for my car and sun screen to make sure we don't fry in Mexico and exfoliator for my skin before my spray tan on Friday!) As soon as we got home and took a breath, it was time for church and Awana and Bible Study! Off we went! After we ate dinner at church, we had 15-20 minutes of down time so we took the kids behind the church to let them play on the playgrounds. Caroline showed her true no-fear self! She went down the huge slides that Parker has always been a little wary of... and she laughed the entire time. Ughhh I am going to have my hands full with this one! Here she is running down the hill behind church! So cute.
Taking a break... and taking a squat? She very well may be pooping... you will never know.
And she's off again! And yes that is a necklace she's wearing! It's actually a teething necklace that was a gift for me/her for her 1st birthday! She found it today in my drawer and hasn't taken it off since! Such a girly girl!
And then she does this! After church, she realized Park's 4-wheeler had been charged up when he was riding it around the garage so she hopped on immediately and zoomed it around the driveway. We may need to paint it pink or something!
AND THAT WAS ONLY WEDNESDAY! Good Grief! Thursday promises just as busy with a full day of work at my office, making my Dream Dinners Thursday night, a spray tan on Friday afternoon then leaving Friday after Chris gets home from work for Savannah to drop the kids off! I am writing this on Wednesday night and scheduling to post on Monday, so if you're reading this on Monday, Chris and I are loving life in Mexico! We got here on Saturday afternoon and are here for an entire week! I don't think I'll be posting til we get back so until then... ADIOS! I'll leave you with some pictures of our resort - a.k.a. "Freaking Paradise" as our best friend Kristin says! :-D






1 comment:
I love this post, but I'm ready to stop seeing it almost every day as I check for ASP posts!!! :)
Post a Comment