Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter weekend!

We started out Easter weekend by receiving ALL of our pirate goodies for Parker's party that I had ordered off of Amazong the week before!  Goodies included a fun rhinestone pirate shirt for mommy.... (I was SO EXCITED about this shirt I selfied it and sent to sisters and Chris!)
and eye patches for the kiddos!  Arrrrgggghhhhh!  We have a box full of other surprises, too!
This sweet little girl was in such a great mood going into the weekend!  She was being super silly sweet at the dinner table that night - love these pix I caught of her and her Daa-Tee!
"Hey, you look just like me!"
"Nozzzzzzzze"
"Daaaa Teeee Nooooooooze"
I was jealous of the cute pix Chris got with her and wanted some of my own.  They weren't near as cute...
French kiss... the only kind of kiss she knows!

Chris had off Good Friday so we spent the day as a family doing normal family things!  We, of course, started out the day talking to Parker why it was important and what the day meant.  This kid never ceases to amaze me.  I guess after explaining the Jesus aspect of Easter, I mentioned the Easter bunny in passing... and funny thing is... he had absolutely no idea about the Easter bunny!  Which, I guess, is good and bad on my part.  We have nothing against the Easter bunny and Easter egg hunts... I grew up loving all those things and still had a very healthy love for Jesus and always celebrated Him on Easter... but it never dawned on me that we hadn't talked to him about the bunny part and he probably didn't remember from last year!  SO - after we talked about what Good Friday was, how our Savior died for us on the cross, why he did and also talked about what happened on Easter morning... our Savior rose from the dead!.... we THEN brought up the Easter bunny and told him about the treats he may get on Easter morning!  His eyes lit up when talking about the Easter bunny but wouldn't you know that kid FORGOT all about the Easter bunny a few hours later?  I mentioned it to him again and he was like, "Huh?  What's the Easter bunny?!"  I guess things could be worse, right?!  Ha!  He definitely hasn't forgotten the reason of this amazing holiday which makes me happy.  :-D

We started the morning by heading up to the outlet malls in Dawsonville.  We have the amazing opportunity to live only about 20 minutes away from some AWESOME outlets!  Chris NEEDED a few new pairs of jeans and Lucky was having a great sale on them!  Chris used his charm and we got 20% off and $40 off and he ended up getting two new pair of great-looking Lucky jeans for less than $100.  I used to not understand the point of spending money on designer jeans... well 6 years and 2 pairs of jeans later... I definitely do!  Jeans are definitely worth spending the extra $$ on!  

On our way home, we stopped by Chris' new office to see the move-in progress!  I tried to keep the kids out of the way but got some cute pictures of them in Mr. Steve's new office!  They approve of all his nice new furniture!
I sat C-line down on the desk to get this picture and she automatically picked up Chris' phone which was sitting right next to her and put it to her ear and said 'HELLLOOOOO'!  We were both laughing so hard... this girl is going to be a TALKER just like her daddy... yeah right!  She may look just like her daddy but this girl is her mommy all over again.  I'm in trouble.

We ended our awesome afternoon with a fun game of baseball in the back yard (our new nightly tradition with Parker - that kid can hit the ball far!) then headed inside for bedtime.  Chris and I watched the last of the Lord of the Rings movies (I hadn't ever seen them all the way through so we set up a few weeks ago determined to watch them all!) then headed up to bed.  I checked on the kids like I always do and as I opened up Caroline's door, I nearly fell over (NOT JOKING) because of the horrid stench coming from her room.  I flipped on the light and LITERALLY threw up in my mouth when I saw what laid before me.  Caroline was sleeping like an angel... with PUKE all over her.  It was matted in her hair (CHUNKS), it was spread ALL over her crib mattress, it was all over one entire side of the crib bumper and it covered one section of the carpet next to her crib.  To say that I FLIPPED OUT is an understatement.  I was bawling and screaming and FREAKING out.  Caroline, on the other hand, was sleeping peacefully in the corner of her crib.  I think the main reason I was so upset was because I couldn't believe I didn't hear her.  I pictured her having this horrible meltdown, crying for her mommy and I blissfully didn't hear her.  I had turned the monitor off but checked it several times throughout the movie.  I thought for sure she would have cried or at least made a noise if she had thrown up and I was convinced that we were so into the end of the longest movie ever made that we didn't hear her!  It looked like she had thrown up about 3-4 different times in her crib... and as I sat her on her changing table, she threw up two more times while I was taking her clothes off. Chris took the job of cleaning up the carpet, crib, bumper, clothes and I put Caroline in the bathtub... but couldn't even keep the drain closed to fill up the tub with water because of the constant chunks of throw up that would fall out of her hair as I combed my fingers through it.  About ten minutes of scraping throw up out of her hair, ears, nose and yes... even eye lashes... I was able to fill up the tub with enough water so that she wasn't shivering anymore and got her all cleaned up.  The poor girl was PITIFUL.  She just sat there... no emotion... no tears... in a complete daze.  We got her all cleaned up and I sat with her in the chair in her room while Chris continued to try to get the smell of puke out of her room.  I googled tips on how to get it out of carpet and they actually worked!  Who knew laundry detergent and vinegar would do the trick.  It was already 2 am by this time and the poor girl continued to throw up about every 15 minutes.  And this actually eased my guilty conscience some because this girl is the SWEETEST thrower-upper ever.  She is SILENT.  She makes zero noise when retching and throwing up.  No tears.  No crying.  Just throws up then looks up at you with the saddest eyes I've ever seen.  NO WONDER we didn't hear anything going on while watching our movie!  She didn't make any noise while puking her guts up!  I sat with her in her chair for 2 more hours and she finally feel asleep around 4 am and she quit throwing up.  I rocked her for about an hour to make sure she was done then gave her some water to drink... which she threw up some more.

A little while later, I put her to bed (around 5 am) then I headed to bed only to wake up about every 20 minutes to check the monitor. When we finally woke up around 8, we headed to her room which smelled MUCH better but when I picked her up, her hair and skin still stunk of puke!  I put her in the bathtub which she loved... I let her splash around for awhile.  I went back to bed and Chris took morning duty - awesome hubby!
Chris came to wake me up a bit later because Parker was BEGGING to go to our church's Easter Egg hunt!  There was no way I was going to be able to get up and look anything less than HORRIBLE so I knew I wouldn't take him... and we obviously wouldn't take Caroline anywhere so Chris played single daddy for the morning and took Parker to the hunt.  (You've already seen that post below!)  Caroline slept most of the day, but I really wanted to let her experience an egg hunt before the day was over!  Park helped me hide eggs in the yard, I dressed her in her egg hunting outfit from her cousin KK and we went to it!  She tolerated us for a little bit, she ever climbed the fort, went down the slide, swung in her swing... but she did NOT smile... not even a little bit. 
"I'll look precious for you, but I still do NOT feel good!

 She caught on to the game pretty quickly! 


 Football or Egg hunt?!
 Still... no smiles.
 She just started picking up grass after awhile and putting it into her basket...

 We had a LITTLE trouble with Parker wanting to pick up all the eggs for her...
 She desperately wanted to take her basket up the fort with her!
 And she gave it a good try!  I stepped in before this got ugly.
 She even went down the slide... but didn't smile... not once.

 First egg hunt was an OK success... still wish she could have experienced the one at our church!  Next year...
 
We let her suck on some ice cubes that evening and she seemed to LOVE it!  The rest of her diet that day included bread and apple sauce... which she devoured!
We woke up on Easter knowing our hopes of going to our awesome Easter service at church were not happening, but we tried to make the most of it.  After a few minutes of lying in bed, we realized we BOTH forgot to "do" the Easter bunny!  Chris kept Parker occupied in his room and I got their baskets together and hid them downstairs. 

We joke that Parker is the "worst finder of stuff" EVER!  You could tell him to go find the grand piano in our piano room and he would walk in, turn around and say, "Can't find it!"  He literally walked right past his Easter basket 3 times before finding it... and to find it I actually had to physically point at it!  He was super excited about his Peeps (mommy's FAVORITE Easter treat!) which he actually thought was a gain (how he says game)... I was thrilled to introduce him to the world of Peeps! 
 Chris thought the crazy oversized stuffed animals were dumb but Parker instantly fell in love with his and named him Punkin! 
 It took Caroline about 3 seconds to find hers thanks to her big brother finding it for her and picking it up and showing it to her... sigh.


 She went for the good stuff right away!  She has never been introduced to any of the candy that was in her basket and she won't be... I have no intentions of giving her this crazy candy yet... but Caroline's mommy is very thankful the bunny put all her fave candy in her daughter's basket!
 Caroline - still not real happy... Parker was chowing down on his Skittles!
 I didn't even try to get a "good" picture and planned to try to get one later in the week with both of their Easter outfits on I had bought for them (well I bought a tie for Parker and got an extra sweet smocked dress from KK!)... that they never got to wear!

 Loving his Skittles!
 Typical.

After the excitement of the baskets, I started to make waffles, then realized we were out of milk... and syrup... so I headed to Kroger on Easter morning... pretty much the last place I wanted to be.  We got home, had an awesome family breakfast, played with the kiddos a bit then started getting ready for our Easter lunch!  I had planned on having our closest friends over for dinner again this year but obviously cancelled after all that happened Friday night.  Angela offered to host at her house and I offered to still bring the honey baked ham and macaroni and cheese - even though we wouldn't be joining them for dinner.  I got everything ready and headed to Ang's house with the goods and brought home several tupperwares full of the rest of the dinner everyone prepared.  I was sad to leave and not get to fellowship with our best friends, but we made the best of it and enjoyed an awesome meal as a family at home!  

Park and I made our annual resurrection bread - SO good!  I changed it up a bit this year by calling the crescent rolls the cloth wrapped around Jesus (the cinnamon and sugar covered marshmallow) and called the oven the tomb.  Last year the crescent roll was the tomb and Park most definitley remembered.  He kept correcting me... at least he understands that the tomb AND the cloths covering Jesus were empty on Easter morning... that's the main point!  Ha!

Showing me his empty "tomb" as he would say... I quit correcting him after the 4th time.
Caroline slept most of the day and Park and Chris spent the afternoon outside on the driveway washing my car, Chris' truck and Park's power wheels truck.  Seriously cute. 

Monday brought yet another yucky day.  Caroline threw up again the night before (Easter night) AT the dinner table... yes - projectile vomit all over the dinner table while we were eating leftovers... awesome.  And she proceeded to have it all come out the "other" end through the night and all through the next day.  One of my best friends, Angela, came over that evening to bring me some coconut water she had since Caroline wouldn't drink water OR pedialyte - I love my friends and YES I know how blessed I am to have them!  Back to Monday...  to say that our house smelled like a butt would be an understatement.  My best friend, Amy, could tell I was losing it and being the amazing friend she is, she came over and surprised me with a packed lunch for me and the kids!  Two pieces of bread for Caroline, a PB&J for Parker and an amazing salad for me!  How did I luck out with such great friends?
This got devoured in about 2.3 seconds and I am so thankful she brought it cause if she hadn't, Park probably would have gotten a cereal bar for lunch and I would have eaten 5 cake pops!
C-line was feeling MUCH better by Monday evening!  We went outside to play for a bit and she ACTUALLY smiled at me! 
I would get her down from her swing and she'd walk away then 3 seconds later, she'd be standing at the bottom of her swing again pulling on the harness saying, "Uhhh?   Uhhh?  Uhhh?"  I was SO happy our little precious girl was feeling better! 
What a CRAZY Easter weekend.  Above all the crazy that happened in our family that weekend, I couldn't be more thankful for the reason we celebrate this amazing holiday.  Thanking God for "sending his son so that he could die on the cross for all our sins" and thanking him for "raising from the dead on the 3rd day" is something we have formed into Parker's bedtime prayer and he says it every. single. night.... Easter isn't just a one weekend celebration in our home... it's an every day celebration.  HAPPY EASTER!

2 comments:

The Markham Family said...

Glad you enjoyed the lunch and that it helped out a bit! And love those pics of Chris and Caroline too!

The Markham Family said...

Oh and I am so naming you the "Selfie Queen" now!!!! ;)