First I have to mention HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET HUBBY! This post is posting on his 32nd birthday... seeing his birthday is only 5 days after Park's birthday and our anniversary, his big day tends to get overshadowed every year! Poor guy! OK - back to Park's party day!
We woke up bright and early, I made homemade waffles for the crew at my house then got ready for the big morning ahead of us! I had a blast planning this party for our little P-man! For food, we only had little pirate piggies in a blanket and pirate sword fruit kabobs, juice and of course, pirate cake! That was the best part of having a morning party... I didn't have to feed everyone! Here was our set up!
We woke up bright and early, I made homemade waffles for the crew at my house then got ready for the big morning ahead of us! I had a blast planning this party for our little P-man! For food, we only had little pirate piggies in a blanket and pirate sword fruit kabobs, juice and of course, pirate cake! That was the best part of having a morning party... I didn't have to feed everyone! Here was our set up!
Parker through the years.... birth, age 1, 2, 3 and 4! His cheeks got smaller and his chin got point-ier!
We all had our pirate gear on!
The first part of the party, all the kids got their faces painted by our very own professional face painter! I gave all the kids Jake pirate tattoos and gave them all their pirate bandanas and eye patches... some chose not to wear which was fine! Then all the kids just played for about 30-45 minutes while everyone arrived.
The morning of the party, my dad showed up early to help finish decorating! He did all the fish netting all around the porch and he decorated the pirate ship with the flag, netting and banner!
Sisi (Izzy) opted for no face painting on her face, but was totally up for a heart on her hand!
Our very own pirate was the biggest hit of the party! He was awesome to all the kids and let them all beat him up for most of the party!
The pirates had fun "shooting" him from the pirate ship!
Marti was all for the pirate stuff!
I was hoping I'd get a picture of the flag blowing in the wind and I did! Love this $3 flag from Amazon! :)
We had an obstacle course during the party and at the end the kids got to find their buried treasure in the sand box! The obstacle course was up a slide, down a slide, up a slide down a slide, jump on the trampoline, go through 2 tunnels, down the race car ramp, up the ladder, down the slide, walk the plank (seen below) then find the treasure! It was a hit!
The pirate definitley burned some major calories during the party!
Sweet Catherine took in all the pirate fun from the ship!
Amy and I at the party!
The pirate with all the kiddos!
Pirate with Pirate Campbell (Park's cousin) I wonder if she knew her hair was hanging directly in front of her face...
Pirate with Pirate Jac (another cousin)
Pirate with Pirate Alex (friend from church!)
Pirate with the birthday boy!
Pirate with Jac and Miller (cousins)
Pirate with Kayley (cousin)
Robin was able to come by the party for a bit! She's basically family and has always been invited (by Parker!) to his parties! She has also been invited by my family to always stay and eat with our family after parties! My fam loves the Berlins! Oh - funny... Robin said that when she walked out of her garage that morning, she could tell that there was something pirate going on in the neighborhood because all she could hear was "ARRRRGH! ARRRRRGH!"
About 20 minutes til party end time, we got the cake out! Pirate cake of course!
Then we zipped through presents the last 10 minutes! This was the first time Parker has opened gifts at his party and he did awesome! After each gift, he ran to the person who gave it to him and gave them a hug, a kiss (to the girls) and thanked them!
Hudson was more interested in carrying around his buried treasure than opening gifts! Ha ha! I think he got the most loot!
Caroline was more into playing with the necklaces and plastic baggies than the gifts, too!
She has been wearing these necklaces every day since the party!
Our family picture with the pirate!
Parker walking the plank! (After the party he was READY to take "Jake" off and put on his real clothes! Ha! Pirate sword, hat and face paint stayed on of course!
Camo pulling Caroline in the pirate wagon!
Sweet Catherine walking the plank.
Camo posing for the camera! So cute.
My entire family stayed over all day after the party and we all played with Park's new toys! I went upstairs to take a nap since I had been up since 5 am!
We all headed to Cinco that night for dinner! Here is a pic of the original Hopkins family! Whitney, on the far right, is the oldest, Ashley, on the far left is middle and I am the youngest and the best of course.
After Cinco, we headed to Chill Hill just outside the restaurant to let the kids get some yummy ice cream and any toppings they wanted!
All the Hopkins cousins - minus Ivy because she was sleeping in the stroller!
All the big kids ran around the area between Chill Hill and Cinco after they finished their ice cream and Caroline and Caroline walked around together.
We always try to remember it's our anniversary on Parker's birthday, too! It's really easy to forget. 6 years together! This was taken about the same time that we would have been at our rehearsal dinner luau 6 years before!
Running kids!
Me and my sweet girl.
Our pirate Parker was ONE happy boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY P-Man! We were excited that we got to wake up the next morning to Parker's REAL birthday! Ahh - will it ever end?! Ha ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment