Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update # 1 - Kayley's First Birthday!!!!

We're still here!  Our little tree in our front yard was so pretty a few weeks ago - all the leaves started to turn BRIGHT red so we ran outside before our small group one night to get a few shots of Parker and his tree.  I look forward to getting shots with this tree every fall for the next few years - and to see P-man and the tree getting bigger together!  :)








OK - On to REAL updates!  I cannot believe Kayley Lane is already a year old!  I remember the day she was born SO vividly - I could hardly wait to get to the hospital to meet her and I remember holding her - in amazement - and thinking that the same miracle was going to take place 6-7 months later for me and Chris. Here are some pix from the weekend!

This is Parker and his cousin Miller.  You would THINK they are right around the same age considering they weigh about the same and generally look about the same size.... Well.... Miller (on the left) is actually FOUR MONTHS younger than Parker.  And they weigh the same.  Actually, Miller weighs more than Parker does now... HOWEVER... I 100% believe that the bigger the baby - the cuter - and this DEFINITELY takes place with my presh nephew, Miller :)

Parker with Miller's older brother, Jac! 

Miller and Parker ~ Some of you may be thinking - Oh your poor, poor sister for having to deliver such a big baby!  Well - that's not the case.  Miller was born a teeney tiny baby - about 6 or 7 lbs.  And he only stayed small a few weeks.  Then - all the sudden - he began to grow, and grow, and grow, and grow and grow and grow and grow..............



All of the Hopkins' girls' kiddos!  By age - Miller 2 months, Parker 6 months, Kayley 1 year and Jac 2.5 years.  Jac and Kayley are having a secret conversation about how they are going to beat up the dumb babies they are constantly forced to take pictures with :)

You have NO idea how many pictures it took to get them to all look in the general vicinity of the camera....


On the morning of Kayley's birthday, we tried out solids again with P-man.  He had previously thrown up the past 2 times we tried to give him solids.  He did a bit better... we started off with carrots instead of the cereal/oatmeal and he seemed to like that much better.  This was his basic expression throughout the entire process.... about 5 days into it, he was a PRO and eating is his FAVORITE time of day now!  :)   

I'm still being a little freak-ish about it and only introducing one new food a week just in case he has some sort of crazy allergy.... and also because I REFUSE to pay for baby food in a jar. The cheapest I have found - with coupons - is about $.30 or $.40 per pack and that is rediculous. I can buy an entire bag of baby carrots for $1.00 and it makes enough baby food for about 2-3 weeks of meals for this guy. I also just REALLY like making his food... I do it once a week and freeze the food into ice cubes and just pull out a cube for each meal.  And a BIIIIIG thanks to Chris' sister, Amy, who let me borrow her food steamer! 

BACK TO THE PARTY!  This is Pman and his great grandpa - Poppy or Bubba - he goes by both :)
.
Parker seriously LOVES anything cold - he loves touching cold things and pulling them to his mouth too - hence the many pictures on this blog of him grabbing a cold bottle of beer and pulling it to his mouth......  Not something I necessarily condone - but I did make Chris keep doing it until I got a good picture of it :) 
.
This is Kayley's awesome cake!  The cake was made by my sister's genious Ga Tech roommate and best friend since middle school who happens to work as an engineer at NASA in Florida and also works as a baker on the side..... 

Parker and his grandpa - Hoppy.

The birthday girl and her parents!

All the kids at Kayley's party.

P-man was getting REALLY tired of having his picture taken.... ENOUGH MOM!  I know my natural gorgeous-ness is amazing but let's get real.... I am going to be blind in 2 years if you keep this up....

The Hull Family :)  Established April 14, 2007.  Blessed even more April 14, 2009.

HAPPY BIRRRRRRRRRTHDAY TOOOOOOOO KAAAAAAAAAAAYLEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Parker sat up by himself the entire time Kayley opened her gifts!  He was SO cute - I was busy writing down the name of gift-givers but for the one picture I managed to shoot of them - he has a very "This is dumb, I'm bored" face - but I promise he was very interested and very cute watching his big cousin at work!

Jac was having some trouble learning to blow into the blow thingy in his treat bucket from the party... he needed a little assistance.

I guess the trouble could have been the fact that his mouth was FILLED with chocolate....

On Sunday morning, I had a 30 minute fiasco photo shoot of Jac and Miller to get a Christmas card picture for them..... out of about 200 pictures I snapped - only a few turned out OK.


Jac:  A little hard to breathe under here....
Miller: If only my cheeks didn't weigh one pound each - I could maybe smile for more pictures...

After going to the pumpkin patch on Sunday, Jac came back to my house in the middle of his nap and didn't wake up!  I was SO happy to know that my child is not the only creepy creeperson baby who sleeps with his eyes partially open.

On Sunday afternoon after all our family left we had a NICE surprise visit from cousin Campbell, Uncle Jeffrey and Aunt Amy!  They were up in our area at the outlet malls and they brought Pman Cambell's exersaucer to borrow for awhile!  We were so excited because Pman didn't have one at home to play with and ever since he got it - he LOVES spending time in it while mommy is cooking dinner or making a bottle! 

Pman sitting as his "desk" working hard :)

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - since it started getting cold last month we started putting Parker in one of his cousin Kayley's sleep sacks to help keep him warm enough at night :)  It takes a very secure man to sleep in pink!


And THAT my dear friends is the end of update #1.  If you are still reading -sorry for the longness! 

1 comment:

keight dukes said...

is the baker of the cake jana? because i know a former ccf-er who is female and is now an engineer at nasa..i mean there is probably more than one, but just had to check! park is freaking cuter every day.