- First and foremost - DECORATE for Christmas. Christmas has already thrown up all over my neighbor's house and our house looks completely boring next to his... AND Christmas is my MOST FAVORITE-EST time of year and I LOOOOOOOVE decorating for Christmas! It's my favorite. My sweet friend Kristin was blogging about if she could be any character it would be Buddy the elf - and I totally second that. A little bit of Buddy the elf lives inside of me and he basically explodes inside of me beginning the middle of November... and it's started... and I have no decorations up yet! It's driving me crazy.
- SECOND - Saturday was suppsoed to be an awesome day... we had lots of plans but we were really going to try and make everything work. Chris' best friend, Jeremy, was up here in Atlanta celebrating his 30th birthday and we were going to hang out with them. Our sweet friend, Noel, was also turning 30 this weekend and they were having a party at their house in Woodstock... AND... Saturday night was our neighborhood wine party at our club house and we have been looking forward to it for quite some time now so we could meet and hang out with some of our new neighbors! Without the pool open - there isn't really any way to meet all the new neighbors.
Who knows it if will get done this week. While most people are excited about their 2 or 3 day work week this week - I have the pleasure of working in the restaurant business where this week is no different than any other... and it's a little more hectic than most others. It's the start of our BUSY season... which I am thankful for in many ways... but in some ways... I would REALLY like to spend time with my precious child during his first holidays! But I thank God EVERY DAY for my job and for providing for us... I am thankful... I promise.
Today, we started the day attending another church in the area so we could hear Mike Huckabee speak... he's awesome... and I pray that God will allow him to work wonders in this country in the future. I don't really like to talk politics though so I'll leave this at that...
This afternoon, we were able to see Jeremy for a few hours! Yay! We ran down to Perimeter Mall and grabbed some lunch with them and walked around the mall for a little while (this was the first time I had walked in a mall in at least a year and it was boring... probably because we have a $0 budget for clothes... which would explain why I haven't purchased any clothing for me in more than a year... it hasn't been so bad actually...) ANYWAY it was GREAT to hang out with Jeremy and Meaghan and catch up! Here are some pix...
Meaghan and Parker playing after lunch...
Meaghan and Parker
Parker and Jeremy having a heart to heart...
Uncle Jeremy and Parker actually look kind of alike.... Hmmmmm.... They actually look a lot more alike than Parker and his "actual" daddy.....
Jeremy having some fun on the bull rider at Brookstone...
Ride 'em cowboy!
I had to take a stab at it....
The boys... Chris, Pman and Jeremy...

2 comments:
I heart Mike Huckabee. His daughter is a friend of mine. We went to college together / sorority sisters. I went to the Governors Mansion in Arkansas with Sarah while he was Governor. At cake out of the fridge in the big kitchen. So fun.
I'm starting to get kinda scared about how alike we are... haha! I hope you are able to get your Christmas decorations up soon, I completely understand how important that is :)
Post a Comment