Turns out Park Tavern is more well-known for their drinks and their sushi - neither of which Mama can really have - so we settled with a Mahi finger basket and fried shrimp. We truly don't eat fried food very often - so when we do - it's usually not a pretty sight. I don't know WHAT we were thinking, but we both felt pretty bad the rest of the evening and into the next day. But the view was gorgeous, we sat outside and watched people flying kites and walking their dogs in the park. It was so nice to have a CONVERSATION just between the two of us - with no 2-year-old mixed in :)
Here we are by our table at the restaurant.
I bought the tickets on re-sale and they were actually pretty great seats!
The real reason I chose the Hawks/Heat game was because Chris really likes Labron James. Here is a picture of him at one of his finer moments... he didn't seem like the nicest player. Even though C is a Labron fan - we still cheered for Atlanta! We aren't traitors, y'all :)
After the 3rd quarter, Chris asked if I wanted to go home to get a head start on the traffic. I ACTUALLY said "no" (shocking I know) so we stayed and we were so glad we did! We actually tied up the game with just a few minutes left - we did end up losing - but it was really exciting!
(I forgot to take a picture when it was tied, but this one was close enough!)
We were basically surrounded by Heat Fans - not so much fun. It was entertaining though. Two men sitting behind us actually got into a fight about who deserved MVP. Pretty sure one of them thought James - not sure who the other one was fighting for - I couldn't understand them very well. Anyway, their fight started about the MVP then ended up about who had more money because one of the guys wanted to bet $500 cash and then pulled it out of his pocket. The other guy didn't have it - so the other guy made fun of him pretty bad for not having $500 in his pocket. Then the fight turned into who was stupid-er - the one for carrying $500 in his pocket or the one smart enough to just have a debit card. Anyway - that was probably the most entertaining part of the evening - and we had front row seats to that action!
Oh - the other entertaining part of the evening was seeing the 15 dress changes the cheerleaders had. When I was in high school, I thought it would be the coolest ever to be a professional cheer leader. Well - maybe it's just the MOM in me, but those girls dress like strippers! I was in shock! And they really never cheered. They did one dance to a rap song about taking your shirt off - to which they of course did and had on a sparkly bikini top underneath - duh - but that was pretty much it? What happened to GO TEAM GO!
Oh - the other entertaining part of the evening was seeing the 15 dress changes the cheerleaders had. When I was in high school, I thought it would be the coolest ever to be a professional cheer leader. Well - maybe it's just the MOM in me, but those girls dress like strippers! I was in shock! And they really never cheered. They did one dance to a rap song about taking your shirt off - to which they of course did and had on a sparkly bikini top underneath - duh - but that was pretty much it? What happened to GO TEAM GO!
Happy 30th birthday bub! Love ya!

1 comment:
you should have posted a pic of doug, me, kayley & parker and how much fun we had that night too. oh wait, i didn't take any pics. oh well, we still had fun!
Post a Comment