Saturday, April 30, 2011

Little fishy....

As soon as we got to my Granny's condo last Friday afternoon, we immediately hit the pool!  Parker loved the water last summer and we just hoped that he would love it the same this summer.  I've heard that somewhere between 1-3, kids learn to be afraid of water.  Well - not this child.  He would RUN and JUMP into the water without us even being ready in the water for him.  This kid is going to keep us on our toes this summer, that's for sure.  When we got back from our trip, and after 5 heart attacks, I bought a dumb-looking bathing suit for him that has the flotation things inside of it just in case he jumps in again with Chris or I ready for him.  Looks like we may have another life guard in the family!

Funny story - Chris was the life guard at our country club pool in Waycross.  Well, actually, "The Club" (the only one near our home town) was actually in Blackshear, GA.  Anyway - every day of that summer that he was a life guard, I would make my mom drive me out to the club pool so that I could "lay out" and she would come pick me up several hours later.  However - SOME days, I would decide that once we got out there, I didn't feel like laying out anymore.  Well - my decision was SOLELY based on the fact that if Chris' Jimmy (an old truck) that he drove was parked under the big tree or not.  If his Jimmy was there - I was GOOD to stay - as LONG as my mom would allow me to.  If his Jimmy wasn't there - I didn't stay :)  This is also a time when Chris LITERALLY had no idea that I even existed.  But I would sit by the pool and literally stare at him with my sunglasses on every day that summer.   We never spoke to each other.  Ever.  I'm sure I even contemplated a "pretend" drown so that he could give me CPR.... but I never got that desperate :)

Anyway - here's some pix of the old life guard teaching the young life guard the ropes of the trade!

I'm sorry but I am convinced this child looks NOTHING like me.  Some people say he does - but he looks every bit like Chris every day I see him. 
 This kick board is supposed to be used for ages 6 and up. Well - Park has already  mastered it.
 He LOVED all the big leaves that would sometimes float into the pool.  He even made "Leaf Soup" for Chris and I in his big bucket.  Yum yum!
 I hate that this is blurry - but after Parker would jump in - Chris would dunk him under water for a few seconds and THIS is the face he would have when coming OUT of the water.  Pure bliss....

 I have two random pictures that I need to put somewhere :)

Here are my parents in the spot where Chris and I were married.
 And here Parker and I are with Granny - she's 90, by the way.  And awesomely healthy.  
Praying I have her genes!  This lady is going to live to be 200.

No comments: