Friday, April 8, 2011

Sick Day

I might deserve the award for "Worst Mommy".  Park's been a little sick since Saturday.  He just didn't "look" right when he woke up Saturday morning.  He had sonic green snot all day Saturday, his eyes looked a little discolored, he wasn't sleeping well, and he was acting pretty fussy.  Chris stayed at home with him Sunday morning and everything just stayed pretty much the same all week.  Well - because his big BIRTHDAY PARTY is this weekend, I wanted to make sure he was healthy healthy healthy for his big day.  So- I took him in on Wednesday afternoon.  Diagnosis?  Double ear infection and pink eye.  LOVELY.  And - not to mention the look I got from the nurses and doctors when they realized this was day 5 of this mess.  Whoops.  I was blaming it on allergies.  Oh well.  He's fine now.  The medicine made him throw up, so I have to watch his diet really carefully right before he takes his medicine to keep his tummy from getting upset - but besides that he's doing great.  

I did stay home with him yesterday all day - and let him do WHATEVER his little heart desired.  Which included watching 4 episodes of Mickey Mouse Club House!  :)  His attention span is only about 5 minutes so he'd watch a bit - then go play in his playroom, then come back to the show, then leave again.  Oh, but you better believe that he was ALWAYS right at the TV with the hotdog song came up.  That song is like a drug for kids his age... scary.  

Anyway - I'm happy he's healthy now and the weather is looking FABULOUS for the party on Sunday!  Yay!  Can't wait! 

OH - and if your little one ever decides to find an ink pen and draw on your flat screen TV when you take your eyes off of him/her for less than 1 minute... rubbing alcohol takes it RIGHT off.  
Heart attack averted :) WHEW!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Kayley is still talking about seeing red strawberries come OUT of Parker's mouth Wed. night. And she keeps asking me, "Is Parker still sick, Mommy?"