Friday, June 10, 2011

Beach Trip 2011 - Update 1

 We began our beach trip by stopping halfway and staying with my sister, Ashley, in Savannah.  We got there super late after Jac and Miller had gone to bed, but when they woke up in the morning, these three were a TERROR together.  I was THRILLED that we had already decided that our family would be staying in a condo with my other sister and not Ashley because these 3 were a tornado.  Ash is trying to sell her house so we were all trying to clean up quickly before we all left for the beach!  The #1 rule was - DON'T GET ON THE BEDS!  Well, what do you think these 3 kept doing.  Uh huh. 




 We finally decided to just pack the kids up in the car and THEN go through the house to clean up.  Worked like a charm!
 I felt OLD when we got to the beach.  Why?  Because it's always the MOM that goes to the grocery store first thing and all the kids go to the beach first thing.  Well - guess who DIDN'T go to the beach first thing and who DID go to the store.  Yeah - that would be me!  And of course, as soon as I get back, I find out that Parker BUSTED it on the pool deck and everyone was worried he had a concussion.  GREAT way to start the beach trip!  Our favorite phrase of the week - STOP RUNNING!

After we were sure that P-man was OK, we headed to the beach.  It only took him about 2 seconds to get used to the sand and water and TOTALLY fall in love with it.
 All the cousins are READY for a week at the beach!  Don't laugh at poor Parker - he was trying on his new swim suit!  Yes - we are horrible parents and made him wear this in the swimming pool! 
 Our first night at the beach on our balcony!
 Mom turned the big 6-0 our first night at the beach!  No one felt like cooking so we ordered pizza and I made a cake for her.  Here is everyone singing Happy Birthday!
 Nana and all her grandkids!  Can't believe there will be two more by Thanksgiving.... I don't think she'll be able to contain them all!  Unless we have a girl, KK will REMAIN the ONLY girl in the group!  Poor thing!
 Nana and all her girls! 
 On Sunday morning Parker and KK were READY to hit the beach by 7 am.  Lucky us!  
I think this photo is one for the wedding slide show one day!  :)
 He was running around the condo yelling at the top of his lungs, "GOING TO THE BEACH!  GOING TO THE BEACH!"
Don't worry - I stopped taking so many pictures as the week went on!  More updates to come later!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Less pictures? I like the pictures!!! Keep them coming :)

Whitney said...

Can you print one of those pics with K's flip-shades on for Nano? So funny.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, This is Deven (Parkers old teacher from DP) I wanted to say that I miss him so much :) He made it worth going to work everyday just because he always amazed me by how smart he is and quick to learn! My email is DevencL13@yahoo.com.. I would love it if you guys kept in touch!