Friday, June 17, 2011

My mornings.....

I truly LOOOOOVE my mornings with Parker.  More often than not, he wakes up in a GREAT mood (I won't EVEN go into the bad mood mornings - it will make you think I'm raising a little butt head!)  So - onto the good mornings.  He always manages to CRACK me up with his first words and the way he says them.  Sometimes it's just the, "Hi Mommy!" that I always love.  Some other times it's, "Daddy playing tennis?" (Which is apparently where our 2-year-old thinks Chris is at all times when he's not home - even though Chris only played tennis for like a few months this summer when ALTA was going on...)  Other times he FALLS head first back into his crib and covers his head with his pillow and tells me to go away... and then when I do he screams at the top of his lungs, "Mommy!  Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Parker funny!"  Oh - and yes - our 2-year-old has a pillow - which he requested out of the blue while we were at the beach.  Random.  Anyway, other mornings he'll be sweet and warn me of what may be in the diaper awaiting (as if I couldn't smell it the SECOND I open his door) and he'll say with a REAL sad face, "Oh mommy - Parker poopy diaper - Mommy have stinky hands."  And this morning, he cracked me up.  He was somewhat awake when I walked into his room but he immediately put lovey over his eyes and when I picked him up, he told me VERY matter-of-factly, "My wanna go BACK to SWEEP, Mommy!"  Hmmm - I'll have to put a list together one day of all his morning quotes but for now I'll get on to a few precious pictures I got this week.

One or two mornings a week, I'll have to wake him up, which almost always calls for a bad mood day.  But this day was much different!

Typical sleeping position - butt HIGH in the air - head BARELY even touching the pillow he demanded beginning a few weeks ago and his "lovey" tucked RIGHT under his face.
 Love.
 So - after sitting in the glider and just staring at this miracle a few minutes, I knew what I had to do.  And I just KNEW (from past experiences) that he would probably be in a HORRIBLY SINFUL mood.  

(Side note - I have to wonder if God thinks this sometimes - looking down on us while we sleep - loving his creation more than anything.  Then - we wake up.  The sinning begins.  The ignoring of our Creator beings.  It's a wonder that he still loves us!  Thank GOODNESS he does!  :)  side note over....)

Well - to my mistake - he WASN'T!  He was more goofy than ever and CHEESING it up for mommy :)

 Not many people can look THIS good approximately 2 minutes after waking up!  Kudos to Pman!  He gets it from his handsome daddy!

1 comment:

The Del Angel Family said...

Oh my goodness I am doing a post today of almost this exact same thing!! Pic of butt high in the air, lovey and all! Except it's to show off her new toddler bed which we had to switch to unexpectedly when she crawled out a couple of weeks ago! aghghg...love these pics, girl!