Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our third Father's Day!

 This Father's Day weekend was by far the best yet!  Our first Father's day, I was still working at Ruth's Chris and had to actually be the restaurant manager that evening!  Parker was only a few months old and it was definitely hard to say the least! Last year, I don't remember doing much except going to eat at Giorgio's in downtown Cumming (which ironically enough happens to be the restaurant that one of the contenders, Constantine, in "The Bacherlorette" owns!)  But THIS year, we started the weekend (without Parker) at the Braves game with Chris' boss!  Chris just happened to mention to his boss a few weeks ago how HUGE of a fan he is and now we are showered with lots of great Braves tickets!  Steve, Chris' boss, and his daughter took us to Vinny's for dinner in Alpharetta (YUM!) then we headed down for the game where we nearly had front row seats!  SCORE!  We lost but we had a fun time!  I shared a bag of peanuts with Chris' boss and I even drank an ENTIRE bottle of Coke and it was FANtastic! I enjoyed every last sip!  Chris' boss' wife, Corinne, babysat Parker for us and they had a blast on their farm! 


Saturday morning began with just me and the little man at his Gymboree class!  I bought a 4 week session on Groupon a few months ago and this weekend was #2 of 4!  He had a blast! 




THEN!  After gym class, we HAD to go to Moe's to get our FREE burrito (since the Braves scored a home run in a certain inning of the game last night - if we turned our tickets into the cashier at Moe's - we got a free burrito!)  THAT made the loss of the game totally worth it!  We had to get a "dilla" for Parker but our entire family ate for less than $5!

Then we left for Birmingham!  Our sweet, sweet friends, The F's, live there and we have been so blessed by them in the past 2 years.  They have given us nearly EVERY piece of clothing that Parker has worn in the past 2 years.  I LITERALLY have never purchased an outfit for my child to wear.... EVER!  But we not only went to visit them to get our next set of clothes, but we LOVE hanging out with the F Family!  I was their oldest daughter's first babysitter when she was only a few months old and she holds a very special place in my heart.

Here are Parker and L in L's awesome truck!
K did my nails for me then I did hers! 
All the F kiddos with Parker!
K and L were OBSESSED with getting in Chris' truck so we let them play for a bit!
Saturday night, we had MOVIE night!  We watched Disney's 'Tangled' and about half way through the movie, all the kids were playing in the other room with the train set and all the adults were in the den watching the movie! I actually really enjoyed it!  Maybe I am destined to have a girl....

3 buds!
K and I showing off our awesome nails! 
We were home by lunch on Sunday and I got started right away to make a full day of yummy food for my man on Fathers Day!  I started with a homemade FROM SCRATCH chocolate cake with homemade FROM SCRATCH icing!  The bath of frosting I made created a few more cups than I needed so after I selfishly licked the bowl CLEAN of frosting, I saw the beater still on my mixer!  Well - that was ALWAYS my job as a kid - to lick the beater - and it was one of my favorite things to do!  So - I decided the tradition needed to be passed down.  Park was playing outside but I called him in and he thoroughly enjoyed his icing licks!


Chris finished Park's fort and swing set around 8:00 (well after Park's bedtime) but we let P play on it for a bit then we put him to bed and Chris and I enjoyed our Fathers Day dinner by ourselves!  We actually said a REAL prayer (we usually have to say God is "Gate" - which we love!) and we had conversations during dinner - it was REALLY nice!  For dinner, Chris grilled some steak and I made twice baked potatoes, rolls and corn - yum!  Chris may have had 2 potatoes he liked them so much :)
And we saved the best for last!  Yummmmm!
For Father's Day, Chris got his poop stuff for the front yard to make it a super sonic green - but I couldn't let him go through FDay without a small gift!  I made a collage of pictures of Parker and Chris from the day he was born to a few weeks ago.  I think he liked it :)  Happy Fathers Day, Chris - you are such an amazing father and husband - I am so blessed that you chose ME to spend your life with :)  XO

No comments: