For Parker's birthday this year, we wanted to give him a swing set! Well - after a HORRIBLE ordeal with Wal Mart and NOT getting the playset we wanted - we gave up and decided to buy one we could build ourselves anyway - with decent quality wood. The other ones we found were a little less expensive - but all the reviews only had horrible things to say about the wood cracking, breaking and let's be honest - this swing set is for me and Chris, too! I mean - what's the point of having a swing set if mommy and daddy can't play too! :)
Started off with a bunch of wood in the trailor! And this was taken after the fort was built - which was a huge part of the project!
The first weekend we were building it, Chris needed me outside to help every once in awhile (before neighbor Jon came to the rescue and began to help!) so Parker had to stay outside with us. Thank goodness for his pool. He LOVES his pool he got for his FIRST birthday from Neighbors Jon and Robin!
Hard at work.... We of course picked the only 100 degree weekends to put it together!
The boys hard at work!
Typical Jon face!
Parker about to perform some heart surgery on Jon - with the drill!
ANNNNND a week later - the finished product!
Chris spent a good portion of his Father's Day finishing it all up - but we both agreed that seeing the smile on this kid's face for the 30 minutes we let him play before bedtime was PRICEless. He was full of such joy! And so were we!
Daddy trying it out!
I honestly think I have more fun on it than P does! I think baby in the belly is going to come out jumping around thanks to all the running around I do with him/her inside of me!

No comments:
Post a Comment