Friday, April 13, 2012

My Tiffany Dining Room!

 So I couldn't let Chris have ALL the fun with his big porch project!  I decided to paint our new dining room walls!  (New, because up until a few weeks ago, it wasn't a dining room at all!)  I've been waiting to paint until the room was actually serving its purpose!  And turns out we were going to host 8 of our closest friends for Easter dinner on Sunday so I had some great motivation to get it done - and quick!  Chris nearly flipped his lid when he was on one of his daily trips to Lowe's and I called and asked him to get some paint that our dear friend, Coty, suggested for us.  Well, he acted like he wasn't going to get it - but he did!  :)  Sweet guy.  And I taped one night around midnight, then painted in about 4 hours the next day (during kid's nap time and then I literally finished painting with Caroline in my arms for the last hour or so while I had Parker camped out in front of Dora!)  Thankfully the fumes weren't bad at all.  Here was the room BEFORE.....
 And after!  It's my "Tiffany Jewelry Box" dining room!  I love it!
 OK so now I need help - what should I put on THIS wall?
 And what type/color of window treatments should I go with?  The only thing I can think of is floor length white sheer curtains... but let me know if you have any other great ideas! 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

White sheer floor length curtains is what is in our bedroom... that is almost exactly the same color! :)