Parker's birthday fell on a Saturday this year so that made it super fun to celebrate with his party on his actual birthday! I made cupcakes for his class that week and they were a big hit!
They day before his birthday, since all my family was coming into town, it all worked out to finally lay my Nano's ashes to rest. My pop's family has two burial plots that his parents bought him and all his brothers and sisters when they were all alive. I didn't know this until recently, but he had two siblings that were already buried there as infants. One was a stillborn and another died shortly after being born. His parents are also buried there and a lot of his other family is buried there as well. It took my pop awhile to get the tombstone made and put in place, that is why we are burying my Nano's ashes 4 months after she passed away. I didn't take any photos because 1)I wasn't sure if that would be weird and 2) There were 6 kids under the age of 4 running around the cemetery.... enough said. After we buried her ashes, we all headed to Slopes for a very early dinner. THE. KIDS. WERE. CRAZY. Running around like wild animals the entire time. I began to second guess our decision to have a "family-only" party... this was seriously wild!
Nana bought sweet Caroline a precious hat at a consignment sale! I LOVE it! Perfect for our beach trip coming up!
On the morning of Park's birthday, Hoppy made him homemade waffles and we put a candle in for fun. he thought it was pretty awesome!
Daddy had some work to do outside before the party and Parker was HAPPY to help out!
After naptime, the party began! Here is Griffers and Park riding his truck... they are so sweet to each other when they ride around. They very happily take turns and let each other drive for awhile.
We borrowed this awesome jumpy house from a friend's neighbor!
We had Moe's cater the party and it was AMAZING! However, we ate Moe's leftovers for about 4 days! This is actually a picture of the leftover food I took with my phone the day after Parker's party and texted it to all our Life Group - and within 10 minutes, we had the Markhams, Marchmans and Berlins join us for a Moe's Lunch! Ha ha!
Back to the party!
Park and Griffin - again - playing so sweet together!
Back to the party!
Park and Griffin - again - playing so sweet together!
My sister, Ash, and Caroline - I think they look SO much alike! And there are several baby pictures of Ashley that look JUST like Caroline!
Cousin Campbell fits RIGHT in with all her boy cousins!
Kayley and Miller jumping!
Garrett doing is favorite thing with his nana - eating!
More jumping! It was hard to keep these kids out of it!
Park's party was considered "family only" however, Jon and Robin are only 2 doors down and Parker considers them family since we eat about half of our meals with them and see them more than anyone else! Ha ha! So we were happy to have the join us for the fun!
Singing happy birthday!
Publix does such a great job with their cakes! Parker talked to the baker at Publix and completely picked out his own cake on his own! Thomas on top... writing on the side... vanilla cake... buttercream frosting... strawberry filling!
Our backyard was a great location for the party! So glad we built this great swing set last summer.
Cousins Jac and Camo swinging!
Cousin Catherine joins in!
Catherine was determined to get some of Parker's quesadilla!
I have no idea.... :)
Us with the birthday boy!
Jack the dog was ALL ABOUT finding food scraps underneath every one!
My entire family and Chris' entire family! And now you know why we had a family-only party!
15 adults and 10 kids!
15 adults and 10 kids!
Park's big gift was his bicycle from my parents! It's a REAL big boy bike with training wheels!
He had lots of help opening his gifts!
Mimi had no problem helping Caroline have her nap....
Everyone was getting a little sleepy by the end of the party!
Chris' brother Jeff and their little girl Morgan.
Park hopped on his bike and rode like a pro! Made us a little sad to be honest.... he's growing up so quickly.
After everyone left the party, we decided to take advantage of my parents being in town for a free sitter and we went on a double date with Whit and Doug! We went and saw the Hunger Games - GREAT movie! SO - after I posted this the first time today, my sister so sweetly reminded me that I completely forgot to mention that Parker's birthday was ALSO Chris' and my 5th wedding anniversary! Ha ha! So - yes- our double date was also our Anniversary date! But we didn't mind one bit because my sweet sis and bro-in-law bought our movie tickets, popcorn AND coke! Pretty sweet deal, huh?
5 years of awesome-ness.... notice I didn't say PERFECTNESS - because c'mon now - that's not possible and I try to be real here y'all. :) I do love this man more than anything (except my Heavenly Father - I love Him #1) and I am pretty darn proud of our amazing marriage we've built.
We took this picture when we got home... our dog was LITERALLY so tired he was sleeping with his tongue hanging out of his mouth!

1 comment:
You forgot to mention that pic of you & Chris in the car was your anniversary photo! And where's the video of us singing HB to P? Did you get that email from me?
Post a Comment