Saturday, August 9, 2008

Harlee's Smoker Voice

No one besides me, Chris, my sister and her husband may find this even a little bit humorous, but we laughed about this all night at my sister's house tonight. Let me explain: For all of our dogs, we have developed a human voice for them. And when we think they are talking to us or to each other, we say their words in their voice! You may remember some of this from a previous post where I wrote about how Chris and I spoke in Buddie's lisp voice on our honeymoon. ANYWAY, while we were at my sister's house tonight, we were all sitting there trying to figure out what Harlee's voice was. I wanted it to be REALLY sweet and innocent... but noone voted for that. Chris thought she had a slow and deep voice, and Doug finally came up with her smoker voice and when he first did it, Harlee totally reacted to it like she was saying, "YES! That is how I talk!" We were laughing so hard, I just had to capture a minute of it on video. And it actually all ended up making total sense because the family we actually got Harlee from was a man and woman name Terry and Jerry and their home was filled with so much smoke that when they brought us Harlee's papers, we had to put them in a separate drawer because they reeked of cigarette smoke so bad. So anyway - enjoy the video!

No comments: