Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend - Homes - Lunesta Trade Off

Hey friends! Chris and I had such a great weekend - we looked at homes ALL weekend long. It's exhausting! Friday after work, we went to look at some with our realtor and we found some that were OKAY... but we weren't super excited about them.

Saturday, we were SUPPOSED to go to our friends house - Christy and Jarret who basically live in Alabama .... I was going to lay out all day by the pool with the girlies and Chris was going to play golf. Well, thanks to this incredible hurricane coming through the Atl, it's be fabulous weather lately to do both. NOT! We cancelled our day time plans with them and drove around some houses in Alpharetta instead and we found some other AWESOME homes we really like and were hoping our realtor could take us to them on Sunday. More on that in a sec...

Saturday night we made the trek to nearly Alabama to Jarrett and Christy's house and had a great time! We love all our church friends! We felt so lost in Smyrna for so long - and this past January, we found VL and fell in love. And now that we are just getting to really know everyone... we're thinking of moving. GO FIGURE! Oh well - we plan to keep VL in our lives forever - somehow or another - even if we do move 30 miles away!


Jen and I being dorks... While we were doing this, Christy was making us into a Jib Jab video --- did you ever get that done, Christy? Meanwhile, the boys were playing Wii... endlessly.
The girls! Christy, Jen, me and Melanie.
THUMBS UP JEN!
Christy making her awesome puppy hold a hot dog on his nose and then throw it up and eat it!
Me and Ralph!

The VL guys! Chris, Brian, Jarrett, I can't remember the 4th guys name and then Jason. He's very tall and very single ladies... for anyone looking!

Sunday, I was super smart and set our alarm clock for 7:30 PM and so our sweet doggies woke us up around 8:45 a.m. and yes - we were planning to go to the 9:15 service at church. And guess what... WE MADE IT! Yes - in record time, too. I was basically "ready" in 5 minutes, but it took me about 20 minutes to find clothes to fit me right. I can't complain though! :)

After church, we went up to Roswell to meet my sister and brother in law for brunch at J Christophers YUM - I had an omelet with no cheese and it was great! I loaded it up with veggies and I was very pleasantly surprised!

After that, we went up to Alpharetta to meet our sweet realtor who took us to 7 or 8 more homes. Well, I fell in love with ONE home and Chris fell in love with ANOTHER. One neighborhood has great amenities - pool, tennis, volleyball, basketball, sidewalks, etc etc etc... but the home wasn't as nice as the home I loved. Oh - and this home he loved in the better neighborhood would need a lot of work before we even moved in. Whereas the home I love is in perfect move-in condition. They are the same exact price, by the way.

The home I love love love is in another neighborhood that has no amenities but the neighborhood is still really nice and we walked around and met 3 neighbors around the home and they are all SUPER nice and seemed very normal.

The front of the neighborhood has ONE HOME that has a window unit in it which I admit is very ugly but it's ONE HOME in a neighborhood of 100 homes that look completely normal! This neighborhood also has some townhomes to the right that I think are a part of the neighborhood but have their own little HOA... but we drove through and all the cars looked nice and normal and the yards were kept up... but there was ONE TOWNHOME that had broken blinds in the window and Chris thinks the neighborhood is going to be CRIMINAL-VILLE in 5 years and we will be stuck there in this terrible neighborhood with broken blinds and window units for the rest of our lives! THE HORROR!

But seriously - the neighborhood is FINE... Chris is just freaking out because of this decision. I don't think he's slept all week. I know that we will make the right decision no matter what and that with enough prayer and conversation with God... there is no way we can go wrong. We aren't even 100% sure we need to move right now - we just feel as if the right home comes along, then it's meant to be. If not, then we're fine staying in Smyrna - either in our current rental or another one if ours isn't available after December. We love our little neighborhood - downtown Smyrna, our landlords are awesome and we can't really ask for a better deal. We are totally blessed either way!


My favorite home.
The back.
The kitchen.
The front porch - where I plan to put a super cute rocking chair!

So, last night, we both get in bed and since we napped after our house hunt we couldn't go to sleep. Well, we decided to do a quick bible study devotion together since we were still wide awake and let me tell you - LUNESTA - LOOK OUT! Because we have found the perfect sleep aid - CAN YOU SAY LEVITICUS CHAPTER 11? Yes - it was the most boring chapter I have ever turned to in the Bible and I was seriously asleep by the last verse. Thanks for being boring Moses! :)

And as my sweet friend Melanie would say - PEACE OUT!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Well, I was TRYING to make a video and ended up just making the pictures...I'll make one this week though and send it out! I look akward in the pic of me and Ralph...kind of a strange angle, but it's still funny!!1

Hollie said...

You are cracking me up about Leviticus!! It is pretty boring:)
Happy House Hunting!!

ChelsandNoel said...

Hook me up with your realtor...I heard he was hottt.

ps. love leviticus, you freaking crack me up!