Friday, August 22, 2008

House Hunting

We're looking at some homes in Alpharetta tonight and I'm SO excited. We had put our house hunt on hold for awhile after Chris' job situation - but we have decided in the past few weeks that if we happen to find one WELL within our budget then we may look some more... and we have found some online that we LOVE.

It's more far north that we had orginally expected to look, but after experiencing the traffic on 400 several afternoons in the past few weeks we realized it's not bad at all!

All the homes we are looking at are pretty small and have tiny lots, but they are PERFECT for first time home buyers like US! And it also helps that it's really close to my sister and brother in laws home and not too much farther away from Chris' sister and brother in laws home. After looking tonight, we'll spend some time in prayer about it all and then make a decision sometime in the future. Here are some pictures of some of the homes we're looking at.. how adorable are they!


There's no front door really to this house, but I still think it has a lot of charm!

The back deck - you can't see it but to the left is a hot tub... it could get interesting!

The living room. I'm sure Chris would prefer this house because we would JUST HAVE to get a flat big screen t.v.... whatever! Our 21 inch flat screen would look GREAT above the fireplace... or like an ant.. which ever you prefer!

The adorable kitchen. I LOVE the black cabinets... I think it makes it look so classy and give it a modern touch as well!

The back yard - how cute and quaint!

The master bathroom - yes - the double sinks may play a HUGE role in our decision making process!

Another home on the same street. It's a little smaller than the other but has a better yard.

The adorable kitchen. I love the interesting finish on these cabinets. Very cool.

The back yard.

The balcony above goes to the master suite... a really neat thing I've never seen in a home before... I can already see Buddie running straight through the banister rails... Guess we'll have to position the couch accordingly.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Anything is bigger than what you have righ? So, these places may seem like mansions you to you two. Good luck with house hunting:)

Caitlin said...

OMG! When Rena and I were looking at houses we saw that first one! We really liked the style and the hot tub! BUT it didn't have a front door and we didn't like how you had to make a U Turn to get to the neighborhood if you were coming from the other direction.