Thursday, August 28, 2008

My First Thursday 13!

So, all my friends do this Thursday 13 list every week but I always figured I could never think of 13 random things to talk about. Well, it's Thursday and tomorrow is not my Friday cause one of our managers is out of town this week so I'm working Saturday morning again so I am taking a few minutes out of my BUSY day to get out some random thoughts that are rolling around in my head!

1) I love my job for a lot of reasons but I HATE my job in the fact that I don't get any holidays off. Labor day is on Monday and I will be at work this Saturday - AND on Monday. Not sure how much longer this restaurant business will be for me.
THIS IS WHAT MY FEET SHOULD BE LOOKING LIKE ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

2)But no worries cause next weekend I'm going to THE BEACH! And I am SO excited. A hurricane BETTER not come to Florida's coast anytime between now and next weekend or I will be EXTREMELY upset. Just realized I haven't asked my boss off for next Friday, I should do that today I guess.

3)I burned the HECK out of my neck this morning with my curling iron and so being the genius I am, I put hydrocortizone anti-itch cream on it. Well, what do you know, that made it hurt A LOT worse. After applying 5 layers of it to my extremely large hickey-looking neck, I read the label and realized it was NOT for burns, but for rashes. So, I then proceed to wipe it off with a wet wash cloth which hurts even more and makes it even more red! So I then very dramatically run into my bedroom and turn on the lights and explain my situation to my very asleep husband who tells me I'm an idiot and that I can't apply anything until the burns wears off or else whatever I put on it will make it burn worse. Well - I think he's an idiot cause I have never heard that before... so I go into the bathroom and find some Vaseline in our cabinet and proceed to wipe it ALL over my neck. So, now my perfectly curled hair is wet and greasy - not a good combination - so I throw it up in a clip. But it totally looks like I have a GREASY (literally) hickey on my neck that I'M TRYING to show off with my hair up. Whatever... just use this as a lesson and don't ever put anti-itch cream on a curling iron burn. Here's an awesome picture I took with my camera phone so that all of you could see the ugly that is my neck today.

4)I drove to Alpharetta at 7:15 this morning to see how the drive would be for me to get to work on a normal day if we moved to Alpharetta and it was a solid 45 minutes. Only 10-15 more minutes than I drive now.... which isn't so bad. You'd think that since I would know that every day I would be driving to my beautiful home that I OWN would make it not seem so bad, but who knows. It's all stop and go and I drive a STICK SHIFT mustang that has a gear shift pedal that is so hard to push down my left leg muscles are noticeably bigger and stronger than my right - so about 20 minutes into the drive, my leg was very easily going to sleep. Not sure if that can be good for my body to do 2x a day, 5 x a week... I just keep thinking - is this dream home worth it?

5)Tomorrow night, a whole bunch of couples friends from church are going to eat pizza then go bowl in Marietta. Well, my husband has class until 10:00 PM on Friday nights and it's his hardest class so he really can never miss it. So, I don't think I'm going to make it, BUT.... I am going to babysit the absolute CUTEST kids in the world so that their parents can go! I am super excited. I love babysitting - especially cute kids! :) Here is there picture I totally stole from Stephanie's facebook page :) Are they NOT the most PRECIOUS family EVER!

6)I got a waterproof iPod speaker thing for my birthday and it stays in our bathroom and I have grown to absolutely LOVE dancing in the shower.

7)Speaking of the shower - our dog, Buddie - LOVES getting showers and everytime one of us gets in the shower, he is RIGHT behind us. He's definitely the cleanest dog in Smyrna. He literally gets a shower several times a week. We cannot keep him out of it!

8)Some of the homes we are looking at have TERRIBLY small yards but that's just how so many homes are built now. So, anyway, we are struggling with the decision that if we do buy one of these homes one day, we may not be able to keep Harlee. She is a definite outside dog and she LOVES to run and roam and I would just NOT feel right keeping her in a tiny back yard all day. Everytime I think about this, I start to get so upset and cry. She has become such a sweet member of our family, but she deserves a big backyard and lots of room to run and roam.... OR a family isn't away at work for 9-10 hours a day and has time to take her for walks every day. I am praying that something will come along that will solve this problem. Or - that we could find a home in our price range that is in a good neighborhood AND has a big back yard... tough luck.

9)I love reality TV and let me just tell you that THE HILLS just started back up and I cannot stand Lo or Heidi and Spencer. I fast forward all the scenes with Heidi and Spencer in them and I cannot believe Lo can even watch these episodes and still look at herself in the mirror! She's AWFUL!

10) I am TOTALLY loving reading Hollie's blog about Hope's story. Hollie is my fellow Triple H-er and we have a bond that ONLY fellow triple H-es could understand.
11)Have A
12)SUPER
13)Day!
TOOTLES!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm in total agreement about the stupid hurricane and LO!! She is driving me crazy with her little comments and rolling of the eyes!

The Niemeyer Family said...

Hill,
I am so glad I found you again! I can't believe you did that to your burn...dork! I love hear about your life and can't wait to keep up with you more. I am going to try the Thursday 13 thing, sounds like fun!

Mar