Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Showering with Family!

This past weekend, we had baby showers up the WaZoo and boy was it fun!!! :) Okay, okay, I admit... baby showers are not really my forte, however it was REALLY great to be with my family all weekend long. My aunt and grandma from Florida came up which was super sweet of them... we don't get to see them very often so that was awesome!

The showers weren't so bad... I found some interesting magazines to bide my time at the baby shower on Saturday and on Sunday I was too super busy hosting it and holding and playing with my sweet niece, Campbell to be bored! Thanks for bringing her, Amy! :)

I'm trying to figure out a way that when I'm pregnant one day (a long time from now...) I can have a baby shower where I won't have to open all the gifts in front of everyone... I really don't like doing that. And maybe this will change when I'm pregnant, but I just don't get all gooey ooey inside when I see a sweet bonnet or a little frilly dress, or a soft bunny rabbit toy. Am I crazy for not going crazy for all that?! Surely it will be different when I'm actually the one the shower is for... hopefully... we'll see! Baby showers are fun in the fact that you get to see your friends and hang out... but the whole opening presents and saying over and over again "Awww... that's so cute.... oh how sweet....." for 45 minutes is just rediculous. We need to invent a new type of shower... a shower where you still GET all the gifts, but you don't have to open them in front of everyone! YES!! I am a genious!

When I got home on Saturday, I asked Chris to go to all my showers with me one day when we're pregnant so I won't be so bored at them and he said that was the most selfish thing I've ever asked him to do. Whatever...

ANYWAY - Playing with baby Jac non stop was probably the highlight of the weekend. Baby Jac is at the CUTEST age right now. He's nearly 15 months and he is so responsive and he is WALKING ALL over the place! I love it! However, it's GREAT birth control! I love being able to hand him to his mommy when he needs a diaper change or if he's screaming in my ear. Being an Aunt is the best!


My little niece and nephew have such a sweet place in my heart. I am so thankful that Chris and I are so close to our families and I love knowing that all of our kids will grow up together through life.

And our Wii was a huge hit of course... I swear those things are SUPER addictive. Everyone was playing all weekend. My grandparents and parents left asking where they could find one to buy! So funny!

Whit and her sweet basket! Awwww... how cute.... oh how sweet! :)

Poppy and me making Jac try on a GT shirt! Go Jackets! Unfortunatey, his daddy has gotten to him before we could... Jac pushed away the GT shirt as soon as we put it up to him.

Jac was so sweet with Aunt Whitney's pups!

Petting Tanner!

Jac loved all the ribbon!

Ash and baby Jac. Yes.... they match!

Whit and her high chair! Exciting huh?

My sweet sister in law, Amy and my precious niece, Campbell Anne.

HAIRBOWS!

More pool time!

Time to lather up, Jac!
Jac is driving!
MOHAWK!

Our spread on Sunday... pretty huh?

The cute bottle gift bags for everyone! Not my idea, but I liked it!
Me and Jac... the water was FREEZING... hence my strange position.
Me, baby Jac and Chris!
SPLASH TIME!

My adoreable husband and our sweet nephew!
Me, my mom, sister Ashley, Preggers sister Whitney, Grandma from Florida and Aunt Linda from Florida!
Whitney, the shower host and me! Stuffing our faces with food of course!
Baby Jac LOVES Uncle Chris!
SISTERS! Whit, Ash, baby Jac and me!

At Sunday's shower - Ash, baby Jac, me, Whit and Liz (she's preggers, too!)

-

No comments: