Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day!

So I am quickly learning that after babies are in your family - Christmas is pretty much all about them! Baby Jac is no longer a little baby so I have to stop calling him that... so - Jac - my big boy nephew was absolutely darling yesterday. He is so much fun right now - into everything - doing everything you tell him to do - and just randomly running around the house and screaming at the top of his lungs. It's very cute!

During one of his random Run Arounds the house while screaming, he stopped and pointed at the mistletoe... we told him that you were supposed to kiss underneath it - well he took it literally and decided to give it a kiss :) This kid will do anything you tell him to!

Christmas Eve started out with lots of fun by my dad dressing up as Santa - he was possibly the skinniest Santa ever! Jac was absolutely terrified and didn't move a muscle. He didn't cry - but you could tell he was absolutely scared out of his mind. Poor kid. Chris and I weren't there since I had to work Christmas Eve - but we got to see the action on video the next day! I'm sure someone in my family has pictures - I'll have to get them later.

After I got home Christmas Eve, we decided to stay up and go to the Methodist Church 11 PM service. So, we played a few games of cards together (something I am ALWAYS wanting to do but Chris never wants to! So - he gave in finally and I beat him 4 out of 5 games of Rumy... I think that was the end of our card playing nights) Anyway, 11 PM rolls around and we sleepily head over to the Methodist Church right by our house in Smyrna for the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. It was interesting - we had never been to a Methodist church before so it was definitely different than the services we are used to -but all the same - it was a nice way to celebrate Christmas Eve with just me and my hubby - and Parker of course. Afterwards - we went to Waffle House for a Christmas Eve/Christmas Morning meal! It was DELISH!

Christmas morning started out with us being welcomed into my sister's house by a Santa Tanner and a Reindeer Ranger!


After eating a giant breakfast - we began to open gifts. Jac had already opened several of his gifts before we got there - every time he got bored with one gift - he opened another :) He didn't really understand what was going on - but it was still cute to watch him open all his gifts! Here is Jac playing with his tool set that Whit and I got him for Christmas... he loved it! And I actually had a really fun time putting it all together!

I thought I had received all my gifts when an "extra" one was found under the tree - for me! Chris had already gotten me the sweetest gift ever - see the post a few below this one - and so I wasn't expecting anything more. Well - I open up a sweetly wrapped bag to find a super cute Maternity shirt for me to wear to work... except for that that he got me a small and I could barely put it on - it's the thought the counts! But I was flattered to think that he thought I could still wear a size Small... yeah right. Maybe 25 pounds ago I could! BUT - that wasn't it! I kept digging in the bag to find a SPA SYDELL gift certificate for a 90 minute Pre Natal massage. YAY! I was SO excited! This Christmas season has been especially hard on me being more than halfway through my pregnancy and working 6 days a week and really long hours. This is the most perfect gift ever... but Chris - if you think that this will get you out of giving me massages yourself then your wrong :) Love you!


When Jac went down for his morning nap, Chris and I took my sister Ashley and her husband Joey to see our home! See the post below for pictures - it was incredible how far along they came since this past Sunday! We actually had a house!

Christmas Day was resumed after all the babies were napped and fed and we ate a giant Christmas meal then spent the rest of the afternoon watching everyone play Wii. I laid on the couch and was asleep within a few minutes. After my nap, dad and I had to run to my house to let all the dogs out and feed them dinner. When we got back to my sister's house, all the kids left Nana and Hoppy at my sister's house with all the babies and we went to go see Four Christmases - just to wait in line for 15 minutes to get nearly to the front and it was sold out! Of course! So Ashley HAD to have some pop corn so she waited in a 30 minutes line for that while we all waited in the car. We went back to Whit and Doug's and watched Love Actually - it was Whit and Doug's favorite Christmas movie I guess. It was good - but probably not the best movie to watch with your parents on Christmas Day Night... You could say it had some nice language to go along with all the fun body parts that were shown throughout the movie.

Overall - it was a fabulous Christmas. I can't believe it's already over. I guess now that my crazy busy time of work and life is over for the next 11 months, I can start thinking more about things we need to get done before our house is done and before Parker comes!

Here is the Appenfelder Family! Whit, Kayley and Doug.

Chris and I :) I think this picture has enticed Chris to go on a diet. Starting Today. While I have been having a BALL gaining nearly 25 pounds so far in my 5 months of pregnancy - Chris has also gained some weight! Guess we both need to be a little more conscious of what we eat! Oh yeah - and I had my hair darkened the other day - I guess highlighting isn't really in our new budget coming up! SOOOOO we had to go a little closer to my natural color, dark blonde.

Jac and baby Kayley had matching PJs from Santa the night before!

Jac got a hard hat to go along with his Home Depot apron!

The hat was a little big!

Ashley and Jac with his very first book bag!

Uncle Doug and Jac had SUCH a good time riding around the house on Jac's very first trike! His feet don't QUITE reach the pedals.
MORE PIX TO COME! Family is all here until Sunday evening! Yay!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My husband also gained weight during my pregnancy, and I died my hair brown to avoid paying for highlights! I kept dying it brown by myself for about 6 months after David was born than I started paying for highlights again. I figure I work so I'm going to splurge on highlights!