Anyway - I think my mafia days are over considering I barely slept Saturday night cause I kept dreaming that all the Hulls were sitting around and pointing fingers at each other. Every time I woke up to go to the bathroom, I had to remind myself that it was just a game and that not all the Hulls were pointing their fingers at me and saying mean things! I don't think it was a very healthy game for a pregnant woman who already has crazy dreams every night.
Other than our mafia drama - we really had a wonderful time. We did end up taking all the dogs - all 3 of ours - and it was craziness. Absolute craziness. We found out for sure that Harlee is not super with kids. She barked at Campbell twice and scared the daylights out of all of us. Jack and Buddie, however, have turned into the old farts of the group. They were completely boring - napping the entire weekend and not getting into anything! I remember wishing for these days to come when my dogs were no longer the bad puppies of the group - but now I miss the chaos that used to be Jack and Buddie when we were all together! I guess Harlee has taken that role all to herself now.
Here's Buddie during one of our mafia games.... lazy booger...
This was how Harlee and Jack slept some of the way down to Waycross Friday night... poor Jack... he's always getting sat on :)
Speaking of Harlee - we posted her on Craigslist on Friday night and we have had about 6 responses from people who all seem VERY nice and very much want her! I can't believe it! I am constantly loving and hugging on Harlee now because I know our days with her are extremely numbered. I am going to have several families come meet her on Saturday - and then the families we feel were good with Harlee, we will plan to go to their homes some time in the next few weeks to see what her life would be like there. I feel really good about everyone who has responded about Harlee so far... I know it's an answer to prayer and I am so happy that Harlee is going to have a great life :)
Back to Thanksgiving weekend...
Being around our family makes me realize how much I love them :) I've always felt this way and have always felt extremely blessed to have such a wonderful family on both sides that I love so much. But on Saturday - after we had our Thanksgiving dinner, Papa (Chris' dad) read some scripture about how the body of Christ is one - and would not work or function if any part of it were missing. He used this as a metaphor comparing to the body of Christ our family and how each of us is so different - but so crucial to the make up of our family. It was really, really cool and it was nice to think of our family that way. After he read from the Bible - he passed around a cup (that seriously looked like the cup I pee in at all my doctor's visits now!... but that's besides the point) and all of our names were in it. We all had to choose a name that wasn't our spouse's name or our own name and go around and tell everyone why we thought that person was special and important to our family. It was really neat and just confirmed all my thoughts about how special our family is to us and how blessed we are to have such a close-knot and tight family.
Jeff and Leigh Ann Hull, Chris and me, Mimi and Papa Hull, Jeffrey, Amy and Campbell Brown, Scottie and Kristen!
Scott and Kristen :) How cute are they?
THE PREGGERS GIRLS! Lan is 6 weeks ahead of me! So fun! And we look totally different, too. She is carrying Griffin really low and I am carrying baby Hull really high! Maybe that means we're having a girl!
OKAY - FUNNIEST STORY EVER! During Thanksgiving Dinner, Amy looked at Campbell and said, "Cambell doesn't have any food!" and a few seconds later Scott starts FREAKING out because he SWEARS he heard Camo say, "I donhaveanyfood!" He swears she said it... no one else heard it... and he was freaking out and wondering why no one else was freaking out, too! No one else let Scottie live that down all weekend. We kept turning to him to interpret baby language :)
This picture was taken when me or Chris waved at Camo during dinner and she started to wave back.... a very fun thing to watch a 9 month old do! So - for about 5 minutes - everyone was waving at Camo... Who knew how entertaining a baby could be!
Scottie and Kristen getting dinner! Kristen was the first through line of course! I was a little worried she would take too much and none would be left for me! Just kidding Kristen :)
I had a picture of Jeff and Lan during dinner to put here - but Lan's eyes are half way closed :) No good!
Carol and Campbell :)
Jeff, Camo and Amy before dinner...
Chris getting some bottle feeding practice.
Scott and Camo playing on the couch!

The mommies-to-be and Camo :)

Lan, Camo and Papa
The mommies-to-be and Camo :)
Lan, Camo and Papa
Camo and Buddie talked and decided it was time for a nap!
Okay - so after mafia one night - we all decided to gang up on Papa and make him do it turkey impression that Chris has been telling me about for so long! I've always thought that Chris does the best turkey impression I've ever seen... but he swears that his dad does it better... and boy was he right! Jeffrey was able to pick up my camera during all the gobble-ness and get a few seconds on camera... too funny!

No comments:
Post a Comment