Monday, March 9, 2009

A Month Of "Lasts"

I cannot believe MARCH is finally here! It's been a crazy few weeks so far and SO busy! It's been a month of all sorts of "lasts", too! What all has been last? Well - here's the list!

1) Seeing my feet - I haven't easily been able to do this for a while - but if I really strained my neck, I could still see the tips of my toes in February. All the sudden - March comes along and there are NO MORE toe sightings! I have to physically lean over from my hips - which isn't comfortable at all - to see my poor little toes-ies! I may need to get Chris to paint my toes when flip flop season gets here for good! Or maybe he'll let me splurge and get a pedicure if he's not into the toe painting business :) However, I'm sure he will be up for some painting when he sees how much a pedicure costs!


2) Last time babysitting!!!! This is especially a sad one for me. I have been babysitting for the Testani family for about 5 years now... and last Saturday was my very last time sitting for them. This - by no means - means that I won't see them again! They are my 2nd family and will always be a huge part of our life and family - but to know that "that" part of my life is over - is very, very surreal and sad!

3)Last time going out of the Atlanta-area before we are a family of 5! Chris and I went to Tennessee a few weeks ago to see my mom and it was the very last time we will travel anywhere as a family of 4 (Me, Chris, and our four-legged sons - Jack and Buddie). Next time we go anywhere - Jack and Buddie will have to share the back seat with Parker (this should be interesting for sure), the back of the car will be stuffed with a Pack N Play and a whole assortment of baby stuff, our music selection will most likely consist of soothing baby-friendly music that will hopefully help to keep Parker relaxed and our normal 3-4 hours trips to our homes will most likely turn into 5-6 hour trips thanks to the fact that we'll have to stop and feed our little Parkster every couple of hours.

Not sure what this family did to this dog - but we may need to figure out a way to do it to Jack and Buddie when we're traveling with Parker - Oh - and for those of you who are just saying "Why not just put your dog at the kennel or leave them with a dog sitter?" You obviously don't know us very well :)



4)Okay - it's very possible we won't be traveling anywhere for another year after writing #3 and realizing the reality of traveling with a new born! So - I guess this number 4 is "Last time traveling anywhere for the next year!" It's a good thing we LOVE our new home we're moving into! And that there is plenty of room for people to come visit US! This is a picture of the Pack N Play we've registered for - and our stroller/car seat - all of which will probably need to travel with us whenever we go anywhere!



5)Our last RENT CHECK!!!!!!!! We gave our awesome friends who just happen to also be our land lords our last rent check on March 1, 2009! I don't know what my check book will ever be used for now! I need to find a way to recycle checks!



6)This is our last month regularly attending our much loved church, Vinings Lake. We will definitely still come when we can after we move - but the 43.57 miles one-way drive won't be exactly #1 on our list when I could be having a baby ANY DAY after we move - and then of course after Parker comes to join our family - it won't be the easiest thing to do any more. We have LOVED serving in KidMo at our church - and we live for seeing all our best friends every Sunday. We have met so many incredible people at VL and I know that just because we are leaving doesn't mean the end of those relationships - but we will definitely miss seeing every one every week!!!!

2 comments:

Laurel Tucker said...

Why does a pack n play need 2 cupholders? Why does it even need one cupholder?

Chris -- get her the pedicure. She's carried a baby around for 9 months. Let someone rub her feet and paint her toes!!

Jenny B said...

Um! You are NOT leaving Vinings Lake!!! :) Jk, I didn't realize it was that many miles..that's a trek! We will want you to visit regularly though!!