Sunday, March 15, 2009

SERIOUSLY?!

So, as Chris and I were enjoying our very last Saturday morning meal at Ken's Corner Grill in downtown Smyrna, Chris looks at me very seriously and says, "I am probably going to be so cranky and tired after Park gets here. I am worried about not getting enough sleep."

SERIOUSLY?

This is how I responded...

"Really, honey? I am SO sorry that you are going to be so cranky. Of course you have every right to be. First, you are going to experience the worst pain EVER in your body as you push something the size of a small watermelon out of your body, THEN, you are going to come home and have to wake up every 2-3 hours throughout the night because your breastmilk is the only thing the baby wants. AND you're going to have to go back to work only a few weeks later because you are the bread winner of our family and we have a mortgage to pay. AND you're going to have to lug around a crazy breast pump to work so you can pump throughout the day so our baby can have enough milk. AND you'll have to sit in rush hour traffic twice a day for at least an hour. THEN you'll have to come home to an empty house because your spouse is at school until 11:30 every night. YES - honey - you are going to have it very, very hard and I am so sorry you are worried about feeling cranky and tired after Parker joins our family.

He looks at me with big eyes... reaches across the table and takes my hand... smiles and says,

"I LOVE you, honey."

:)

Even though all the above is true and a really big dose of reality... I am so happy - and so blessed that God has given this life to us - I am EXCITED that this will be our life from now on beginning here in a few weeks - and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

By the way - yes - I am posting this post at 6 am on Sunday because I have been up since 4 because Parker is practicing his baseball skills inside of me. I am laying here - lap top in lap - and my belly is LITERALLLY and completely moving from the left to the right non stop - for nearly an hour.

Quick weekend update!

Today was my first BABY SHOWER!!!!!!!!! I actually didn't take any pictures - (I know... shocker!) - but as soon as I get some sent to me, I'll post them up. I am SO thankful for all my sweet friends who came to shower me and Park with gifts! I am incredibly blessed - and I feel as if EVERYONE went above and beyond and got us way too much. I am so thankful. I have another girls' get together/shower on Thursday night for all my church friends! Can't wait - it will be my last GNO til I'm a mommy! YIKES!
Also - before the shower, Chelsea and Kaci came over to Jessica's house a little early to take some preggers/belly photos of me. I'm not quite sure how I feel about sharing most of them with the public - they are kind of private - but here are just a couple that I feel OK with sharing :) THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH CHELS AND KACI!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Y'ALL!
Enjoy!








No comments: