Saturday, May 7, 2011

13 week pictures

Honestly - I seriously doubt that any of you care about all this - but this blog is my scrap book that I will have printed out one day when I get around to it so I gotta include some boring facts and pregnancy updates.  :)

Here they are!  The 13 week bump pictures.  According to the doctor, I've only gained 2 pounds.  Um - he doesn't know I gained 7 before my first appointment!  Anyway- mornings are fun because my tummy looks mostly normal and not pregnant at all - just very bloated.  But by mid-afternoon my belly is full-on 6 months of baby-looking.  (This pic was taken right before bed - when I look the most pregnant.)

Pregnancy so far has been great.  I haven't really felt sick at all.  I have been working out (cardio and lifting weights) just like I was before I got pregnant - at least 4-6 times a week - and I owe all my "great" pregnancy feelings to that.  I also "owe" this part to my incredible boss who purchased a gym membership for our entire office to an AWESOME gym across the street.  Because I'm working out, my mood swings are small to nothing (don't ask Chris to confirm), my appetite is normal, I have tons of energy (I never feel tired until bedtime) and my patience with Parker is amazingly strong.  I am honestly loving this pregnancy and I love knowing that I'm able to stay fit during it.  I didn't work out at ALL with Parker and when the scale was tipping 200 pounds the week I delivered him, I told myself that I would never do that to my body again.  Getting BACK into shape 12 months after I had Parker was honestly fun and I loved seeing the results with P90X and teaching myself to become a distance runner - however - I would really rather NOT have to go through that again to the extreme I did in 2010.  I know I'll have to work hard to get back into shape, but I'd much rather only have 30 pounds to lose vs. 70!

2 comments:

keight dukes said...

oh wow hil! A: you look AMAZING! so healthy and beautiful! and i am resonating with SO much of what you are saying about feeling like you did your body wrong and wanting to change that for the future and future pregnancies. such an inspiration. i hope that my results and and the amazing benefits are as great as yours. you rock, momma!

Milam Family said...

You look great and I am glad that you are feeling so good!!! Keep up the working out, I'm so proud. I have been walking a little but nothing compared to you!