One of the many reasons I LOVE having a boy - is being able to sit back and watch him ADORE his daddy (whom I also happen to adore!). I am absolutely in love with having a boy and the thought of this baby in my belly being a girl scares the heck out of me. Yeah yeah, dance classes and hair bows will be fun and all but I've got three (about to be four) beautiful nieces that I can do all that fun stuff with. I just LOVE having a boy. I know what to expect with a baby boy and I would LOVE for Parker to grow up with a little brother who will follow him around everywhere and fight with him and look up to him.
Chris trying to fill his daddy's shoes at an early age - they are some big shoes to fill :)
Here is a pic of Chris and his dad.
Chris is one of four children - the oldest boy with two younger brothers - and I love hearing stories about them when they were younger. One story that gets told nearly every time we are all together is when they were little, every morning their mom or dad would ask them what kind of cereal they'd want. Well, little Scott would say, "Cheerios" and Jeff would say, "Fruit Loops" then CHRIS would say, "Apple Jacks", and then Scott and Jeff would VERY quickly change their minds and say they wanted Apple Jacks, too! Then Chris would get mad and change his mind again - to which the younger two boys would also change their mind. They LOVED their older brother and I love seeing the bond that they share.
I want that for Parker more than anything.
Here's a short trip down memory lane - you'll have to ignore the titles at the top - they are from our wedding slide show.
All grown up - this was at their sister, Amy's wedding.
Anyway - on to the point of this blog besides making it quite clear that I don't want a little girl (I may have to go back and change this post if I do have a girl so she doesn't read this one day and cry her eyes out - ugh the drama!)..... the point was that one of the things I LOVE about having a boy is watching him adore his daddy. Parker wants to do WHATEVER daddy is doing - ESPECIALLY if it involves mowing the "gas" (as Parker calls it). Chris actually allowed Parker to help him mow on Tuesday night and I was in heaven sitting on the couch outside watching this litttle scene. The smile on Parker's face clearly says it all. I was quite tempted to run inside and grab Parker's Home Depot safety goggles that came with his tool bench, but I knew Chris would have given me the "Chill Out" look so I sat back, relaxed and soaked in the million, bajillion feelings of love and adoration that I saw in these few moments.
I love my family.
I love my family.







5 comments:
I'll have your girl, you can have my boy ;)
Okay, now that I said that, we KNOW I am going to have a boy and you a girl!
if (i am hoping WHEN) you have a girl, do NOT change that part. it will so cool for her to go back and see how SHE turned your entire heart around. i was 100% with you on the all boys thing too. thank god he knew better. love the little mini me mower man!
Just so you know- baby girls adore their daddies probably even MORE than baby boys!!! Sienna's def a Daddy's girl right now and loves helping him with yardwork outside! Like picking weeds! LOL! She even pulled the entire weed out from the root too!
CanNOT wait to find out what you are having and if it's a girl how MUCH your heart will change! Baby girls are the most AMAZING blessings EVER, but I KNOW that I will feel the same exact way about having a baby BOY! YAY!!! :)
Love the old school pics! Too cute!
Oh! And love the pic of little Chris trying on his dad's shoes bc Sienna does that ALL the time! Too cute!
Hil, sounds funny b/c I feel the same way about having a boy (can't imagine what I would do) - I love having a girl!!! I can guarantee you would love it as well... and then Chris can enjoy watching your little blonde cutie-pie (mini-you) follow you around the house, adoring you, wanting to be you :)
-Kim
TOLD YA SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Post a Comment