Monday, September 15, 2008

2 Weeks Later....

Okay - So - It's been two weeks and it's sunk in. For the most part. We haven't told a lot of people yet. Mostly because we haven't heard the heart beat yet so we don't know for sure that this baby is alive and healthy.

We have a lot of decisions we're trying to make right now. If we want to buy a house, where we want to buy a house, how long I will work, if Chris should find a full time job with benefits or not, what kind of car we need, what type of parents will we be, what area of town we will live in, etc etc etc. It's a never ending list right now and it's getting longer and longer every day.

I've gained about 5 pounds in 3 weeks. Enough said there. Ugh. I'm sure most of it is due to the fact that I only crave very unhealthy food at very bad times of the evening. Friday, I was sick all day and didn't crave really any food except Chick Fil A at 2 p.m. and a taco supreme and nachos and cheese from TACO BELL at exactly 1:00 a.m. Yes. If I keep this up, I am off to a BAD start.

We went to the doctor last Thursday and had a visit with our doctor. We LOVE him... he's the same one my sister Whitney is using. He's very funny and down to earth and makes a lot of jokes... which is good because we aren't exactly sure how we are responding yet. He did tell me that I looked like a deer in headlights when he was explaining a lot of things to me. He said it was normal for most newly surprised moms and I shouldn't be scared. They didn't do any blood work or an ultra sound yet but I go back next Monday the 22nd to get all that done. During the ultra sound we'll be able to see exactly how old the baby is. I am very excited about this because we really aren't sure how far along we are. According to my last cycle, we're 7 weeks tomorrow which makes our due date May 6, 2009. But - there are just a lot of things that make us very doubtful that that is correct. So, we'll see!

I haven't really gotten too, too sick. I'm just always kind of yucky feeling. I feel great about 2 or 3 hours out of the day total. The rest of the day, I just kind of feel bad. It's not fun and I hope this gets over with in the next few weeks.

I'm still trying to run about every other day or so. I just try to keep my heart rate in check by making sure I can constantly talk without breathing between every word.

What else... Am I excited yet? Unfortunately, I wouldn't say I'm excited. I guess all the nausea and yucky feeling I constantly have doesn't help that. I scared out of my mind about delivering this baby and I'm also just dreading all the decisions we have to make here in the next few weeks and months. It's just a lot to deal with and a lot going through my mind.

"Lord, give us wisdom and guidance to help us through this important decision-making time. Thank you for this blessing to our life and our wonderful families who are so supportive of us and our little family. Amen."

No comments: