I cried on my way to work today after hearing some of the clips played back from 7 years ago today on 9/11. What a scary day. I remember not even knowing what the twin towers were when I first heard the story...then I remember walking home from class and a friend telling me how serious it really was and how I should be really scared. I went to the Phi Mu house and all the coverage was on TV. I remember feeling so scared. All classes were cancelled at Georgia Tech and every building downotown seemed to be on high alert. I finally got through to my sister and she came to pick me up from campus. That night, I went to North Pointe Church to hear Louie Giglio speak and while there, we tuned into President George Bush's speach and he quoted bible scripture. I remember the president helped me to feel safer and I have never been so thankful for having a Christian president. This is the verse he quoted:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims of 9/11 today. I will always remember that day and the sadness that filled my heart after that.
God Bless America.

1 comment:
HHH,
What's a girl gotta do to get into the "other blog"? Please send me an invite!!
love ya.
Post a Comment