Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday 13!

1.) Oh yes - it's beach time - FINALLY! I leave tonight with Hollie, Christy, Jen and Katie for PCB and I cannot wait!



2.) I am totally pathetic. A few days ago, my phone got wet and wouldn't work anymore. Well - I was going CRAZY yesterday without a phone. I could receive calls but I couldn't make them or check anything on my phone. No buttons worked! About 10:00 last night, I get a little message from Stephanie Newton on facebook that said to call her - thank goodness she typed in her phone number cause I DIDN'T HAVE ACCESS TO MY PHONE LIST ON MY CELL! She was honestly an answer to my prayers. SERIOUSLY. She had to chat with me about a few things and before we hung up I asked if she had an old phone laying around... and she did! THANK THE LORD! I asked if I could come to her house and get it and she of course said OF COURSE! I came home and reprogrammed it to my number and thank goodness for Verizon Wireless backup assistant because all I had to do was push a few buttons and ALL the information that was on my old phone was automatically trasnferred to my new phone! YIPPEE! Thank you sweet, sweet Stephanie!




3.) One of the things Stephanie had to talk to me about was our small group. She and Chuck just have too much going on to fully devote the time that is needed to lead our small group anymore - but our awesome new friends, Matt and Jodi Duncan are starting one so we are all going to move to theirs! YAY! Small groups start back up next weekend, I believe, I am so excited. Being without a small group this summer has been really sad. I had really grown to love everyone in our small group and I love our experiences we share and talk about. It's so important to have a group of people that you can trust and rely on and know that they are your brothers and sisters in Christ - and that you always have someone praying for you throughout the week.




4.) Chris and I are still looking for a home.... our poor realtor has been through so much with us. I can't wait til this whole process is over mainly for his sake so he won't have to deal with us anymore! Ha ha! I think we're definitely going to try and find something close to my sister up in north Alpharetta. It's a pretty long hike up there - but it will just make life a little easier being together up there. Especially after her little baby, Kayley Lane, is born in a few months!




5.) Ruth's Chris is hosting a golf tournament in October and I don't think anyone has signed up yet! YIKES! It's Tuesday, October 7th at Ansley Golf Club - Settindown Creek in Roswell. If you know anyone interested in playing in a golf tournmanet for a GREAT cause (My House http://www.myhouseweb.org/) let me know. You can register online at http://www.tgusa.org/.




6.) Okay - we may not make it to 13 today. I am at the beach tomorrow which means I won't be getting any work done here! So, I must get to it. XoXo

No comments: