Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011 - Warbington Farms

 Last year, we started a family tradition of going to Burt's Pumpkin Patch about 45 minutes north of where we live... well the few weekends we had our Burt's trip scheduled, something else came up at the last minute.  So I knew we were cutting it down to the wire so when I got a Groupon offer for $10 for a pumpkin patch visit only 15 minutes from home, I knew that was our best bet at getting a pumpkin patch visit in before this baby comes!  For $10, Parker got two cups of food to feed the animals in the petting zoo, a pumpkin to take home, a hay ride where he got to feed cows, unlimited rides down a blow up slide (which I knew he wouldn't go near - or so I thought), AND a pony ride (which was worth the $10 itself for sure!).  We had plans to go after church last Sunday but I woke up feeling REALLY dizzy and just not so hot, so we stayed home all day until after the Falcons game and we decided to go ahead and head up there - even though I still wasn't quite 100%.  As soon as we got there, Parker and daddy went on the hay ride and got to feed cows!  (Yes - I put my husband and son in matching shirts - SO cute!)  The kid beside him doesn't look too happy, huh?

 I sat down on a hay bale while they were on the hay ride and about 10 of these crazy looking things came up to me!
 Feeding the "doats"


 BUNNIES!
 His bravery from the day before increased tenfold!  He was really scared of holding any animals at KK's party the day before but for some reason he was ALL about holding animals the next day!
 Well - as we were leaving the petting zoo area, we figured we'd skip the slide since we knew there was NO way he'd go on it anyway - so we started towards the pony rides and WOULDN'T you know the crazy kid took off in the opposite direction - STRAIGHT for the slide!  We were SHOCKED.  He ran all the way up to the slide, threw off his shoes and started up the REALLY high ladder to go the top of the slide.  I KNEW that when he got to the top, he'd get scared, start crying and want back down immediately.  Well - I was wrong again.  He slid down the slide then JUMPED into the foam pit at the bottom!  THEN - he said, UH-DIN MOMMY!  (Again mommy!)
 Up the ladder!
 And DOWN into the foam pit!
 And up again!
 It was SO high!  I couldn't believe he did it!
 Coming down the slide.
 And into the foam pit one last time!
 We were so proud of our brave little bugger!  I had tears in my eyes because I know this is just one time of MANY that I will realize he's growing up!
 Then it was pony ride time!  It was 10 minutes til closing and as we were walking up to the pony ride area, we realized they had already put all the ponies AWAY for the night!  Um - this was NOT acceptable.  We had already paid for our ride and we were going to get one... they ended up bringing out one pony, saddling him up and letting Park have a quick turn.  I mean - we had been talking about this pony ride ALLLLLL day and had even used it as a bribe tool to get him to behave throughout the day!

 THEN it was time to go pick out our pumpkins!
 Park was such a big help!

 When we got home, he couldn't wait to pick out the perfect spot to put our pumpkins!
 This one is 'his' pumpkin.
 Ugh - I hate this picture because I look horrible and huge - but I am huge - and Park looks adorable -  so I guess it's here to stay. 

2 comments:

The Markham Family said...

That place looks like fun! Maybe we will have to take Sienna there too! My other friend went a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it too! Why did you think Park wouldn't go down the slide? He likes that stuff right? Sienna is OBSESSED with those bouncy slides! Even the HUGE ones! At Catch Air the other day, I helped her climb up the big slide, but then she pushed me aside and wanted to go down all by herself! And it was SO fast she like rolled 2 times when she got to the bottom of it! And it freaked me out, but she LOVED it and had a huge smile on her face afterwards! Haha! She is CRAZY!

Whitney said...

Wish you had a pic of you surrounded by those crazy looking chickens. I'm still laughing out loud picturing them surrounding you!