Last week, my boss called me into his office and then asked me to shut the door! That's never good, right? Well, turns out he just wanted to talk about my upcoming marketing strategies and a few things we need to get done before I go out on maternity leave. THEN his phone rings and hangs up - and he's like - um.... hang on. He leaves then says he needs to deal with something upstairs so he asks me to come on up and talk to him upstairs. Well - as I walk upstairs, I nearly fall backwards due to the 'SURPRISE!' My office threw me a surprise baby shower! It was so sweet. Kaci was the mastermind behind it all (she was the one who - with help from Rach - planned all the cute, crafty things at Chels' shower a few weeks ago). Anyway - it was SO nice and SO thoughtful for them to do this for me. In lieu of a gift, they gave me a sweet little piggy bank with a very generous lump of cash for me to use towards whatever we need it for! I am so blessed to work with such wonderful friends and I am so excited to buy something for baby Hull that we need! I have a list of a few things so we'll see :)
I was 100% OK with not having any showers... I mean when #2 comes along... you just don't need all that much, right? And especially since we don't know the sex, not that I wouldn't be THANKFUL for ANYTHING from friends and family, but I just didn't want to be bombarded with green and yellow clothes that I really don't need. If we have another boy, I've LOADS from Park I can use and if we have a girl, I've got an entire closet-full of girl clothes from my sister, Whitney. I even have her bedding that matches Park's nursery just fine if it's a girl... so we are pretty set either way.
However - despite my decline for any showers - my company obviously still gave me one and Chris' company has one planned for us at the end of this month! And all my close friends from church have asked to throw one as well so we asked that they wait until AFTER the baby gets here and it can be just a very small get together at my house and we'll call it a Sip-N-See where friends can come "sip" on drinks and "see" the baby. :) A True Southern Tradition!
Anyway - here are the cute pictures from my work shower last week! All the small details by Kaci made it just oh-so-perfect :) OH - and I guess I need to mention that this was the SECOND shower they planned for me - seeing that the first shower they planned - I was at home that entire week with a sick, sick boy :( Kaci had made Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes for that shower - SO sad I missed out on them! And that she made them and we didn't get to use them for the shower!
Savannah's Play
-
We went to see the Music Man which Haley's little miss Vernon Hills was in.
2 years ago

2 comments:
How thoughtful! What wonderful co-workers!
Just a historical fact about the shirt you wore that day - Nano bought it for me when I was prego with Kayley! :)
Post a Comment