Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 37 in the PINK SHIRT!




















This pink shirt is BY FAR my favorite shirt - ever!  It was Whitney's then mine and I can't even tell you how excited I was when she finally let me borrow it again!  It is the SOFTEST material and I literally wore it and the above khaki pants every other day the last few days before Parker came.  So when the Atlanta weather FINALLY turned cold this year, THIS shirt was the first I pulled out of the bag!  So here is a comparison shot of me in the pink shirt with both pregnancies.  In the first picture I was 36 and a half weeks along (it was taken a few days before I had Parker) and in the second picture I am 36 weeks and 6 days (the same amount of time I was when I had Parker!)  Now I will say that I am and have always gone with 11/11/11 as my due date.  Why?  Because it's awesome AND it somehow lines up perfectly with the first day of my last mens. cycle - which is how you normally measure your 40 weeks.  Well, Dr. Tate's first ultrasound had this baby measuring 6 days later (11/17/11) so THAT is the due date he has down for me at the office.  HOWEVER - after that first ultrasound, the baby was measuring about 6 days earlier (11/11/11) so who the heck knows.  I am ALSO 99% sure of the week when Chris and I conceived which brings it closer to 11/11/1.  But anyway - just thought I should clear that up because Doc T has me listed in his office as only being 35 weeks and 6 days as of  today... where as I am sticking with 36 weeks and 6 days.

SO - my first thoughts after seeing these comparison pictures are
  • WOW - I look way better this pregnancy than I did with Parker!  My face isn't as swollen, my hair looks way better blonde and my skin as amazingly kept a very nice "glow" from our last beach trip in September.  Literally - something in my pregnancy body has allowed my skin to stay darker for way longer than it ever has before.  I'm hoping this is one trait I can keep post pregnancy!  
  • I'm also convinced that I am, in fact, carrying differently!  I'm not quite as "far out" and I'm a little higher I believe.  
  • In the first picture, I weighed 190-195 pounds - in the current picture, I weighed in around 180-185 - so I'm a good 10 pounds less than I was last time at this time.  Not as great as I was hoping to do with this pregnancy but I'll take it.  However - I could possibly have 1 more whole month to put on the extra pounds....
  • My camera has also been MUCH updated from the last picture.  Chris (and his parents) have been an amazing provider of cameras throughout the years for us and this last one I got for my birthday 2 Julys ago is awesome - I love the colors it picks up and I seldom get a "bad" shot.
  • Other random thoughts from the comparison shots are that we have upgraded our tv size, had many a fire in our fireplace and we have hung my favorite picture ever above the fireplace :)  We had JUST moved in our house about 10 days before the first picture was taken so things were a little scarce.  The only things remaining the same are the tv stand that used to be the "cologne and perfume" table at Banana Republic at North Point Mall and the dried roses that Chris gave me when we were dating up on the mantle.  Hopefully those will never go away even though they drive Chris crazy because of the dust they collect!
WHAT ARE Y'ALLS THOUGHTS?

No comments: