Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Surprise shower @ Life_Group!

I can't believe I haven't posted about this sooner!  My awesome Life_Group threw Chris and I a surprise party a few weeks ago!  We walked into group (like an hour late bc our sweet sitter was a little late) and they all screamed SURPRISE and I was like "Oh no - whose birthday did I forget?!"  Ha ha!  I had no idea it was for us!  One of our newest members of our group - and neighbor of mine - Christa made an AMAZING cake that I devoured two huge pieces of!  They also gave us beautiful flowers and balloons!  It was so fun to have a little party in honor of the baby :)  My LG is planning to help throw a Sip-N-See for me after the baby gets here but they wanted to do something before baby came, too!  We are so blessed with such awesome friends.  We love our LG!

My awesome flowers lasted an entire week an d I LOVED seeing them on my counter every morning for a week - started my day off so great!
 I AM HUGE.
 You can probably tell that our Life Group has expanded a bit!  We were blessed with 2 new families this semester!  The Downeys actually live in our neighborhood and needed a LG to join and the Melvins are actually the newest staff members of our church (and Jeffrey also happens to be one of our closest friends - he was Chris' roommate before we got hitched and he actually officiated our wedding ceremony) so they have joined our group as well!  Not everyone was here for the picture (Amy was taking it and Reid was bathing Sienna, Coty, Jeffrey's wife, was not able to come and Zach, Ang's other half, was working and of course - Kristin and Tyler were not there because they had JUST had their sweet baby!)

No comments: