Wednesday, November 12, 2008

15th Week Morning Sickness? At night?

So - I have been INCREDIBLY lucky my entire pregnancy. A few days AFTER I found out I was pregnant, I kinda felt sick for ONE day - and I mostly blame that on my nerves and stress level going absolutely crazy.

Well - yesterday - I kind of felt bad all day long. Just a little fever-ish, a little weak, but nothing I was really complaining about. Well - until 6:00 rolled around and I was at work. I was supposed to stay at work a little longer and decided that I probably should go ahead and go home just in case I started to feel worse. I get home and Chris had already heated up the casserole and rolls I had made for the a friend at church who is 30 weeks pregnancy and on bedrest for the next 8 weeks. So, Chris was about to leave for class and I was going to take the food over to our friends house when something inside me told me that I should probably have Chris stay home from class and go with me. I was really feeling strange.

So - we are on our way to our friends house - who live only 10 minutes away from our house - when I had to have Chris stop the car immediately. He rolled down the window and everything I had consumed in the past 8 hours came out of me. I was feeling better until I looked up and there was a LINE of cars behind ours with their head lights displaying my lovely masterpiece coming out before them. I'm just sure they were all thinking that this crazy lady had too much to drink at 6:00 at night and couldn't hold her liquor. I have never been more embarrassed.

I finish my business and we get to our friends house. I had Chris take the food in - I was SURE I wasn't looking or smelling my best to take food into our friends house. So, he comes back to the car a few minutes later and everything was fine. Until we get to one of the busiest intersections in our neighborhood. Thank Goodness the light turned green when it did - we pulled over at the gas station - which by the way was lit up like an airport runway - and I started, but as I looked up and saw about 1o people staring at me while they were pumping their gas, I quickly ducked my head inside and told Chris to GO. Fortunately, I was able to hold it all in... if I kept my head hanging out the side of the car on the way home. As we stopped at the NEXT busy intersection in downtown Smyrna - at another gas station - a looked up praying the light would turn green already and I see this lady jogger in a super cute hot pink jogging outfit slowing down and staring at me... I can only imagine she was thinking that Chris had beat me up and was taking me somewhere to dump my body... really... I looked that terrible. I quickly ducked my head in again and was able to keep everything in for the rest of the evening. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the hot pink jogger lady jotted down our license plate number to turn into the cops when she finished her nice little job around Smyrna.

I'm hoping this isn't a new trend in the Life of Pregnant Hillary. If so - I am totally not looking forward to it. Especially since starting next week - my job requires me to be here pretty late every night of the week!

I guess I'll take it slow tonight and see what happens! I guess I never thought it would be possible to start having morning sickness - at night - and in my 15th/16th week of pregnancy!

No comments: