Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rough week...

Hey friends! So sorry I've been MIA the past week... I've had a lot going on. A friend of mine who lived with me when I went to KSU was murdered by her ex boyfriend a few months after she moved out of my house. It happened just a little over two years ago and I knew this time would come. I had to testify for her in court and it was terrible. However, I am so glad it's over. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me... it was terrible and I hope that none of you have to experience something like that... ever.

A lot of the things I was afraid of - seeing her family and friends and especially seeing her killer ended up not being so terrible. Her parents gave me a giant hug after it was over and I had absolutely no problem staring down her killer from the witness stand. I have never felt so much anger and hatred towards anyone before.

Soon after I left the court house I got a text message from the attorney's assistant and she said that in the two years she had been working in the court room - she had never been so close to crying and that it was incredibly powerful. That of course made me feel great - and all the sleepless nights and stress I had been through for the three days I sat at the court house waiting to be called to the stand was worth it.



Jocilyn was one of the most beautiful and loving people I had ever met. I feel blessed that we found each other and became the best of friends before she died. Here is a photo of us and our other room mate, Lisa, one night. We were roasting marshmellows and making smores out by our fire pit in our back yard. Lisa's on the left, me in the middle, and Joci on the right.






I felt Joci looking down on me as I was on the witness stand.

I love you Joci and I know you can see exactly how loved and blessed you were. You have so many friends and family who loved you so much. We miss you. I miss you. XO

No comments: