Besides the first few - they are not in any particular order!
1)First and foremost - for our Heavenly Father who died on the cross and rose 3 days later so that I may live and not die for the sins I commit every day.

2)My family. Not only am I so thankful for my family - but I am thankful for my family I married into. Not many people can say that they love their husband's family as much as they do their own. Chris and I are so blessed to get along SO well with each others family and our families do NOTHING but POUR love and support on us - non stop.

3)Each other - I am so thankful for my incredible husband. He is the most supportive and loving man I could ask for. We have SO much fun together every day. Our 2nd year of marriage has definitely been rough and not all fun and games - but even through EVERY trial that God has placed in our way - we have grown together and much closer than ever.

4)Our church - About a year ago - Chris and I found Vinings Lake Church in Smyrna. It is the most incredible church and we have made incredible friendships that I hope don't ever end. Before we found VL - we were blessed with another amazing church up in Woodstock called Bridgepointe. It was also incredible and the friendships we formed there have not ended due to the distance we moved away from them. In a way - we are extremely sad because we never really did get plugged into VL like we did to Bridgepointe - as far as volunteering and getting to know as many people in the church as possible... mostly because we have been planning to move since last March or April - just a few months after we found VL. But the ways we have been able to connect there have been incredible and the friendships I've formed with all my VL girls are so special. And even though many are just beginning to form - I know that they won't end due to 30 miles between us! (Here is a picture of the inside of our church!)

5)Our children (dogs)! - Okay - so those of you who are not dog lovers out there will not understand this - but I absolutely love my dogs. And I don't know what I would do without them. I consider them a true blessing from God and they bring so much joy and love into my life... I honestly cannot imagine life without them.

6)My pregnancy - About 3 months ago - I wasn't sure I'd be saying this so soon but I am SO thankful for this little baby God has placed in my belly. I have no idea why God has chosen to make me the mother of this child - Goodness knows there are thousands of mommies who want babies who cannot have them and will be much better mommies than I will be - but for some reason - I have been blessed with this little blessing - this 3 and a half inch long blessing who has individual unique fingerprints, a heart, beautiful skin, eyes, etc etc etc. It's absolutely amazing to know that I am growing an individual person in my body. Absolutely amazing. And I have no idea how anyone could NOT believe in God after experiencing something like this. Science is not perfect and all-knowing enough to create this precious miracle in my body.

7)A home - This home that Chris and I have bought is honestly the most beautiful and perfect home I could ever imagine living in. I want to move in and never ever move out! I pray that circumstances allow for us to move in and stay for a long period of time because this is my dream home... and I KNOW how incredibly blessed we are to have found this home and neighborhood in the most perfect area for us. We couldn't have bought this home without the love and support of our family and knowing this just makes me so proud to be a part of my entire family.

8)Our friends - Chris and I have so many friends - it's absolutely incredible and impossible to count the incredible number of friends we have... who love us and support us. I think that anyone would be lucky to have even 1 of the friends we have - but God has SO richly blessed us with unlimited supply of friends and love that we feel will never end.

2 comments:
One question. Who is that person speaking in the picture of VL?
What a sweet post Hillary! Have a great week.
Post a Comment