Friday, October 31, 2008

Pregnancy = Crazy Woman!

So - I'm finishing up my 14th week tomorrow - starting into my 15th week - and I have never felt more crazy. Seriously. I. Am. Going. Crazy. I NEVER thought I would be one of those moms who is CONSTANTLY worrying about their child. I'm pretty easy-going... most of the time... and I just always like to remind myself that God is in control and why in the world should we worry when we know that! Well - that theory is getting harder and harder to live by. IT'S AWFUL! I know.

So, I guess I just read too much or watch too many medical t.v. shows, but I always think that something is wrong with my baby! It's an awful way to live. I have dreams EVERY NIGHT that I am having a miscarriage or that they can't find my baby's heart beating at my next appointment. And LAST NIGHT - I went out with some girls from church and Stephanie tells me about this show she watched before her daughter, Caroline, was born and she was always worried that her baby was a HERMAPHODITE. Okay- I knew I was crazy when I woke up this morning - SURE that my baby was going to be a hermaphodite. I have no clue what I dreamed, but I seriously had to re live the past few days before I got out of bed to make sure we didn't go to the doctor last week and they told us we were having a hermaphodite.

It's exhausting. And I DO know that God is in conrol and whatever is supposed to happen with my baby will be His will... but I guess maybe God is testing me to really see if I trust Him fully? Ugh - I need some love (or prayer) here... I'm seriously going crazy!

OKAY - on to my next topic this week! Since I will be in my 15th week next week - I have the OPTION of possibly paying about $80 or so to have a 4D ultrasound done to find out the sex of my baby FIVE WEEKS EARLY! Is it worth it? Chris and I are on this CRAZY budget right now and $80 really can't fit in there somewhere... but knowing the sex early is like AHHHH! I don't know what we should do. I have a week or so to think about it. What do y'all think?

XOXO-Hillary

7 comments:

Diane said...

Yes you have to know!!!!!

Nate & Mary Beth said...

No, be surprised until the baby is born!

ChelsandNoel said...

Wait! You will never get this time of anticipation back...have fun with it!

Amy said...

I say wait until the regular doctor's ultrasound. Can you get them to schedule it at 18 weeks instead of 20? I got mine to push it up those 2 weeks which helped!

KarenKal said...

I say DON'T FIND OUT! It's so much more fun waiting till the baby is born. :)

Pattyann said...

OMG I would eat roman for a month to pay the 80 bucks to know early! It makes decisions easier (i.e. name, nursery, ect.). It makes color choices easier and you can start to monogram things!!! It gives the baby an idenity because it won't be "the baby" it will be "he" or "she"... But that's just me...

ducklynn said...

I wouldn't pay the extra $80 to find out 5 weeks early but I wouldn't wait until the baby is born (at least I won't do that again!) as I was really ready to complete the room and guess what - Emelia is almost 8 months and the room is still not complete due to our not finding out the gender!