Friday, October 10, 2008

Sad Day....

I've been in such a funk mood today. We have had Harlee Jane now for about 8 or so months and I have grown to love her SO, so much! We have said from the beginning that we are going to try and find her a good home... blah blah blah. And we have - to a certain extent. Over the summer, I sent out a few emails - told people I knew personally to spread the word about a dog that needed a home - but until today I haven't really TRIED to find a home for Harlee. Through one of the emails I sent out last week - a lady who runs a K9 Rescue contacted me and wants to help me find Harlee a good home. I had to write up a paragraph about her today and send pictures of her so they could put her up on the web site. This rescue group REALLY interviews the new families and requires a week or two trial visit with the dog before they write up the adoption papers. It's just sad to me because I know that her time is probably limited with me now. I am going to miss her so much and every day I have with her is going to be so special until then.


Here is the paragraph and photos that will be online about Harlee Jane.


Harlee Jane is a 1 1/2 year old Lab and German Shepherd Mix dog. She has been spayed, is current on all her vaccinations, is on heart worm prevention and has a microchip from the Atlanta Humane Society. She weighs about 60 pounds.


Harlee Jane wants to be your family's new best friend and sweet family member. She is an inside/outside dog. She can be crated inside when her family is gone but prefers to stay outside in the backyard and protect your family's house. When her family is home, she enjoys to play fetch with her favorite red Frisbee outside, take walks around the neighborhood or take a nice, long nap inside with her head underneath a couch or bed! She also loves to swim if there is a lake or pond nearby. As for tricks, she has learned how to sit, stay and shake. She has been raised with dogs and gets along well with all breeds. She has not been raised around children, but has been around them for short periods of time without any problems. Harlee Jane needs a permanent home who will treat her as a member of the family. Her current owners are willing to dog sit for Harlee - if they are available - when her new family is out of town. Her current family loves her so much, but both parents work full time, they already own two other dogs, they are expecting their first child in May and their new home where they will be moving has a very small back yard. They want Harlee Jane to have the best life possible and are hoping that a family in the Atlanta area is the perfect fit for her.




1 comment:

Heidi Zawisza said...

Girl!!!!! YOU WON!!!!!! Yep!! W.O.N. as in the giveaway...as in the bulletin board....as in YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!

Oh, and about that sweet looking dog....is he really well housebroken?? Just curious.